Jump to content

Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.


Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog

Putting a Samsung refrigerator into forced defrost mode

Posted by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, in Refrigerator Repair 11 April 2011 · 7,391 views

If you're troubleshooting a defrosting problem with your Samsung refrigerator, one of the first things you'll want to do is manually put it into defrost mode so you can use your meter and see if the control board is sending 120vac to the defrost heater. Here's the procedure that'll work for most current Samsung refrigerator models:

Posted Image
(click for larger view)

Water dispenser in a GE refrigerator keeps freezing up

Posted by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, in Dispenser Repair, Refrigerator Repair 06 March 2011 · 2,496 views

Chief Durham nails it:

You possibly have a frozen water line inside the freezer door. GE makes a heater for this problem .

Posted Image You can get it here: http://www.repaircli...49X10173-%3d%3d

BTW to remove touch pad, with the help of a small pointy thing or small screwdriver......Posted Image

Source: GE Fridge Door Water Woes

Easy way to test the thermistor (sensor) in LG (and most other brand) refrigerators

Posted by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, in Refrigerator Repair 05 March 2011 · 2,020 views

If your heater showed continuity and you did not see any change in sensor, Change sensor. They are quite inexpensive. Good way to test sensor is place in a cup of ice water (mostly ice as you want 32 degrees), leave it in water for 5 minutes...you should get 16k ohms +-5%.

Source: LG refrigerator error code ER-DH

John Guest fittings

Posted by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, in Icemaker Repair, Refrigerator Repair 03 March 2011 · 866 views

John who?

John Guest fittings are those magical fittings that connect plastic tubing in refrigerators and icemakers. The nice thing about them is they don't require any tools to make the connections; just push in/push out. To learn more about the in's and out's of John Guest fittings, see this post==> http://fixitnow.com/...tings-revealed/

Sublime Master kdog has put together a nice mélange of John Guest fittings commonly used in today's refrigerators. Come git you some:

Pick your Poison:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Source: Moving a SubZero 532

Like - Plus - View - Connect

Facebook-icon50x50.png google-plus-icon-50x50.png YouTube-icon50x50.png linkedin-icon-50x50.png

Appliance Tech Training Scholarships for Veterans


Search My Blog

Latest Visitors

Random Album Image

Jenn-Air SVE47500B range clock board esoteric repair kata

52 user(s) viewing

1 members, 51 guests, 0 anonymous users


FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics