from the 16026365.pdf Tech Sheet:
Service Test Mode:
The service test functions are performed using the refrigerator display and keypad.
Enter the Service Test Mode by performing the following sequence of events.
1. Open the Fresh Food door and press and hold the Door Alarm keypad.
2. Press and hold Refrigerator Temperature UP keypad .
3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad and wait 3 seconds.
4. Press the Refrigerator UP Keypad again.
5. Display will show 001 in left display and numeric or dashes in right display.
6. Press Freezer Up keypad and Freezer Down keypad to toggle through Service Test numbers.
Service Test – 112 Freezer Fan
• Press the Refrigerator Up keypad and Refrigerator Down keypad to toggle Freezer Fan On and Off.
NOTE: Display will show state OFF or DC voltage.
Service Test – 121 Damper Operation
• Press the Refrigerator Up keypad and Down keypad to toggle Damper (OP) open and (CL) closed.
NOTE: If damper is opening or closing it will not allow you to toggle damper and beep. Display will show state –CL or –OP if Damper is in the process of closing or opening.
Source: maytag refrigerator MFD2561HES not cooling, fan running fine
ADC Board: Part number: W10366605
do one of the following options, then do "ENTER TEST MODE"
OPTION #1 (BI-METAL CLOSED)
1) POWER OFF TO REFRIGERATOR FOR AT LEAST 30 SECONDS
2) THERMOSTAT OFF
3) POWER ON TO REFRIGERATOR
OPTION #2 (BI-METAL CLOSED)
1) THERMOSTAT OFF 15 SECONDS
2) THERMOSTAT ON 5 SECONDS
(REPEAT STEPS 1 & 2 TWO MORE TIMES)
3) THERMOSTAT OFF
ENTER TEST MODE
IN 3-8 SECONDS, CONTROL WILL TURN ON DEFROST HEATER.
DEFROST HEATER WILL TURN ON FOR 21 MINUTES OR UNTIL BI-METAL OPENS.
TO TERMINATE TEST EARLY, REMOVE POWER FROM REFRIGERATOR.
NOTE: IF OPTION #2 DOES NOT WORK, TRY OPTION #1 BEFORE REPLACING CONTROL
ALWAYS CHECK CONNECTIONS BEFORE REPLACING CONTROL
HELPFUL HINT: UPON ENTERING TEST MODE, A RELAY TURNS OFF THE COMPRESSOR AND TURNS ON THE DEFROST TIMER.
LISTEN FOR THE RELAY TO CLICK. IF RELAY CLICKS ONCE UPON ENTERING TEST MODE, CHECK FOR DEFROST HEAT.
IF RELAY CLICKS TWICE, CHECK FOR BI-METAL OPEN.
WARNING: IF BI-METAL IS BY-PASSED FOR TESTING, DO NOT OVERHEAT EVAPORATOR AREA
Source: Whirlpool ED5HVAXVLOO side by side refrigerator with ADC, getting into defrost mode
Find Parts & Diagrams Here
Looking for Appliance Parts? Enter your model number, part number, or even a part description and find it here. 365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!
A Unique Approach for Responding to Negative Yelp Reviews16 December 2014
Master Appliance Repair at the Samurai Tech Academy13 December 2014
What's wrong with this dryer outlet?13 December 2014
What's wrong with this picture?09 December 2014
- Uncategorized (0)
- Appliance Parts Smarts (12)
- Appliance Poetry (3)
- Appliance Repair Service (33)
- Appliance Repair Training (12)
- Appliantology Academy (7)
- Appliantology Newsletter (22)
- ASTI 2013 (2)
- ASTI 2014 (1)
- Cool Stuff (9)
- Dishwasher Repair (62)
- Dispenser Repair (7)
- Dryer Repair (71)
- Forum Tips (4)
- Forum Updates (12)
- Freezer Repair (2)
- General Appliance Repair Wisdom (51)
- Goofs (12)
- Hillstomping Update (18)
- Humor (20)
- HVAC (4)
- Icemaker Repair (19)
- Microwave Oven (18)
- Oven-Range-Stove Repair (39)
- Podcast (8)
- Refrigerator Repair (110)
- Repair Videos (46)
- Samurai Incarnate (45)
- Samurai Wisdom (5)
- Screencasts (22)
- Snowblower Repair (1)
- Surfing the Apocalypse (10)
- Tools and Instruments (2)
- Washing Machine Repair (226)
- Water Heater (1)
Search My Blog
A Unique Approach for Responding to Negative Yelp ReviewsLorrieMB - Yesterday, 11:05 PM
A Unique Approach for Responding to Negative Yelp ReviewsSamurai Appliance Repair Man - Yesterday, 09:08 PM
A Unique Approach for Responding to Negative Yelp Reviewsbasinrepair - Yesterday, 08:06 PM
A Unique Approach for Responding to Negative Yelp ReviewsSamurai Appliance Repair Man - Yesterday, 08:32 AM
A Unique Approach for Responding to Negative Yelp ReviewsPatricio - Dec 16 2014 08:57 PM
My Gallery Albums
9 user(s) viewing
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users