Some models of Whirlpool-built bottom mount refrigerators use a high-voltage control board that, at some point, you may need to replace. These boards are used in certain models of Whirlpool, Maytag, and Kenmore-branded bottom mount refrigerators.
Here's what the HV board looks like: Part number: AP4568436
When you replace this HV control board, you will need to program it to work in your particular model. If you don't program the new HV board, you'll get the error code PEO 000 in the display.
The new control Board may or may not come with programming instructions. In case your replacement board does not, here are the programming instructions you'll need to get things running.Programming Mode:
NOTE: The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word "Code."
1. Press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad .
2. Press and hold Freezer Temperature Down Keypad within 3 seconds .
3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad and wait 3 seconds.
4. The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode.
5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad once more.
6. The control will display the current Program CODE. This value should be validated with the Program CODE printed on the unit serial plate. NOTE: If the Program CODE is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by pressing Door Alarm Keypad for 3 seconds.
7. Press the Refrigerator Temperature Up Keypad or Refrigerator Down Keypad to change the digit value with each key press.
8. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the Freezer Temperature Up Keypad to select the next digit.
9. Once the desired Program CODE is entered, press and hold the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad until the Program CODE begins flashing indicating it has been saved. NOTE: If you attempt to enter an invalid Program CODE the control will not save the new code, but will beep. (The unit will NOT run with a Program CODE of 0000).
Once the Program CODE has been saved the Programming Mode is exited by pressing any key. If the new code is incorrect this process should be repeated. The Programming mode can be exited at any time by pressing Door Alarm key for 3 seconds or will exit if unattended for four minutes.