So, you go to open the door on your GE Spacesaver microwave and the handle comes right off in your hand! What's a brutha to do? Well, bro, you have two choices: replace just the door handle or replace the entire door. Replacing the door is obvious and easy but costs six times more than replacing just the handle. And while the handle alone is a relatively inexpensive part, it can be a tricky endeavor for the neophyte. Sublime Master RegUS_PatOff
tiptoes us through these tulips.
To Remove Door Handle:
With door open:
1. Remove inner door trim.
2. Remove door handle screws.
To Remove Door:
1. Remove power, top grille and short out the Capacitor
2. Remove the 4 (2 on top & 2 on bottom) 5/16" head screws on door hinges and #2 phillips head screw on top.
3. Door will pull away from unit with the hinges attached to the door.
4. When reinstalling door reverse procedure and a to the control panel before securing door hinge screws.
Part link for the door handle ==> http://www.repaircli...3WHO1-%3d%3dc70
And this additional helpful hint from Sublime Master Chat_in_RI
I would also order the choke cover, Item 11 in the above diagram. It breaks more often than not when prying it off to access the handle...
Part link for the choke cover ==> http://www.repaircli...55X10535/943106
Source: Door Handle-- GE Spacemaker JVM1653WHO1 over the range microwave.