one of the functions of the Jazz Board
What is an adaptive defrost in newer models, which replaces the defrost timer?
The Control Board adapts the compressor run time between defrosts to achieve optimum defrost intervals
Enter the Forced Defrost Mode by performing the following sequence of events:
1. Hold the refrigerator door light switch closed.
2. Press the Refrigerator Temperature Down keypad 3 times consecutively within 10 seconds.
Source: Maytag MFF2558KRW french doors, bottom freezer
How to fix an ice dispenser door that doesn't close all the way on a Whirlpool-Kenmore SxS refrigerator
on this cover, there should be two little slots at the bottom of the panel.... ( ya gotta get down on the knees and look up at the bottom of the panel )
...I use a mini-pry bar,....when you pry on the panel, it will pop off at the tabs on the inner frame......
I did not know if this fix-it kit mentioned by K-dog........fixed this one last week....
..hinge pivot point broken off..
....made this part out of a 1/4 inch 'P' clamp from a copper water line
took a few file swipes to get the correct dimensions...
almost as good as new..... darn picture alignment
Source: Kenmore Whirlpool SxS ice dispenser icing up 106.58562890
I know you checked the element, but I will almost guarantee that it is shorting out. Here is how you check it:
1. Bump Test (my own name for it ... you like? lol.) Put one lead from your meter on one of the heating element leads and the other other to the housing of the element. Now 'bump' the heater ... give it a good shake or rap with the butt end of a screwdriver. If you see any jumps at all in your meter, it is grounding out when hot.
If the 1st test does not show anything then:
2. Pull the heater and inspect it. When you get the top shell off, I'll bet that you find the plate between the coils has heated up and warped to the point where one of the coils is almost touching it. Usually at the very back of the element. In this condition, when the dryer gets hot, the coil sags slightly and you've got a short. This means the element does not cycle and gets hotter and hotter until the high temp t-stat blows.
See here: http://neighboursapp...-to-ground.html
and here: http://neighboursapp...ng-element.html
Source: Whirlpool Duet GEW9200LW0
Find Parts & Diagrams Here
Looking for Appliance Parts? Enter your model number, part number, or even a part description and find it here. 365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!
How to Disassemble the Dispenser in an LG Refrigerator08 September 2014
- Uncategorized (0)
- Appliance Parts Smarts (12)
- Appliance Poetry (3)
- Appliance Repair Service (30)
- Appliance Repair Training (9)
- Appliantology Academy (7)
- Appliantology Newsletter (22)
- ASTI 2013 (2)
- ASTI 2014 (1)
- Cool Stuff (9)
- Dishwasher Repair (61)
- Dispenser Repair (7)
- Dryer Repair (70)
- Forum Tips (3)
- Forum Updates (10)
- Freezer Repair (2)
- General Appliance Repair Wisdom (51)
- Goofs (12)
- Hillstomping Update (18)
- Humor (20)
- HVAC (4)
- Icemaker Repair (18)
- Microwave Oven (18)
- Oven-Range-Stove Repair (39)
- Podcast (8)
- Refrigerator Repair (108)
- Repair Videos (46)
- Samurai Incarnate (44)
- Samurai Wisdom (5)
- Screencasts (22)
- Snowblower Repair (1)
- Surfing the Apocalypse (10)
- Tools and Instruments (1)
- Washing Machine Repair (225)
- Water Heater (1)
Search My Blog
Want an Interesting and Lucrative Career? Skip College and Go Into Appliance Repair!Samtech - Aug 14 2014 03:02 PM
My Gallery Albums
13 user(s) viewing
0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users