Turn your speakers up and check out the slideshow. Best viewed in full screen mode. Enjoy!
Food for thought...(a rant----sort of)
Customer: "How does over-use of detergent (or the wrong type) cause black/moldy stains on my washer door gasket?"
Technician: "If suds occurs---this remains in the washer *after* the liquid wash water drains out. Creating soap
scum/curd residue. Bacteria **crave** this stuff & **grows/spreads**."
Cust: "Will my laundry get clean using the *correct* amount of "HE" detergent?"
Tech: "Yes, in fact--laundry is CLEANER. Especially whites."
Cust: "Why the heck is this a problem today? "My mother had a front loader when I was growing up---and we NEVER had
odors or moldy stains."
Tech: "Trisodium Phosphate was used in those days. TSP caused "SAPONIFICATION"---which is the chemist's way of
describing---converting of Fatty/Oily deposits into SOAP! Today---enzyme-detergent formulas are used.
Enzymes "break-down" fatty/oily deposts into smaller particles---which must be rinsed/drained with sufficient
TSP also **softens** Hard Water.
TSP breaks down Soap Scum/Curd
TSP makes laundry **soft**----"Dreft" was one of the first to use a TSP formula.
TSP was banned from laundry detergent at or about 1992."
It's REAL nice of the Soap & Detergent Industry NOT to inform their consumers of all of this.
The Soap & Detergent Industry ***knows*** that when consumers encounter problems with...
"Suds Error Messages"
Longer Than Time Displayed *Cycle Run Times*
Intermittent Water Leaks
...the consumer is NOT going to search the Bottle/Box of detergent for an 800 number to call them.
The consumer will contact the Appliance Manufacturer---and scream bloody-murder/threaten Class-Action
Lawsuits-----while the big soap executives literally laugh-all-the-way-to-the-bank.
Source: Bosch Washer. Mold on door seal
If your washing machine is already stunk up because of your detergent illiteracy, I have some de-stinkifying remedies for you here.
● As I let go of my shoulds and feelings of guilt, I can get in touch with my Inner Sociopath.
● I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.
● I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.
● I no longer need to punish, deceive or compromise myself. Unless, of course, I want to stay employed.
● In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
● Having control over myself is nearly as good as having control over others.
● My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgment.
● I can change any thought that hurts into a reality that hurts even more.
● I honor my personality flaws, for without them I would have no personality at all.
● Joan of Arc heard voices too.
● I am grateful that I am not as judgmental as all those censorious, self-righteous people around me.
● I need not suffer in silence while I can still moan, whimper and complain.
● As I learn the innermost secrets of the people around me, they reward me in many ways to keep me quiet.
● When someone hurts me, forgiveness is cheaper than a lawsuit. But not nearly as gratifying.
● The first step is to say nice things about myself. The second, to do nice things for myself. The third, to find someone to buy me nice things.
● All of me is beautiful and valuable, even the ugly, stupid, and disgusting parts.
● I am at one with my duality.
● I will strive to live each day as if it were my 40th birthday.
● Only a lack of imagination saves me from immobilizing myself with imaginary fears.
● I honor and express all facets of my being, regardless of state and local laws.
● Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so."
● False hope is nicer than no hope at all.
● A good scapegoat is nearly as welcome as a solution to the problem.
● Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day watching TV. Instead I will move my TV into the bedroom.
● Why should I waste my time reliving the past when I can spend it worrying about the future?
● The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.
● I am learning that criticism is not nearly as effective as sabotage.
● Becoming aware of my character defects leads me to the next step - blaming my parents.
● To have a successful relationship I must learn to make it look like I'm giving as much as I'm getting.
● To understand all is to fear all.
<<<I just bought a LG WM2101 and the bleach tray doesn't flush completely>>>
A commonly asked question.
In nearly all cases---the BLEACH did in fact---dispense into the tub at the appropriate time during the cycle.
In nearly all front loading washers with a *drawer* type dispenser assembly---a small amount of water remains in the dispenser compartments (Prewash/Main Wash/Bleach Liquid/Fab Softener).
To verify that the bleach dispenser is indeed functioning correctly...
After a cycle ends---open the drawer and "dip" your finger into the bleach dispenser.
Smell the liquid--if a *heavy* bleach odor is present then the dispenser failed to function.
If the smell has a *faint* bleach odor---normal.
Source: LG WM2101 washer bleach dispenser not completely flushing
Find Parts & Diagrams Here
Looking for Appliance Parts? Enter your model number, part number, or even a part description and find it here. 365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!
Understanding Engineers05 May 2013
- Uncategorized (0)
- Appliance Parts Smarts (10)
- Appliance Poetry (3)
- Appliance Repair Service (12)
- Appliantology Academy (3)
- Appliantology Newsletter (21)
- ASTI 2013 (2)
- Cool Stuff (8)
- Dishwasher Repair (45)
- Dispenser Repair (7)
- Dryer Repair (62)
- Forum Tips (2)
- Forum Updates (9)
- Freezer Repair (2)
- General Appliance Repair Wisdom (36)
- Goofs (10)
- Hillstomping Update (17)
- Humor (13)
- HVAC (4)
- Icemaker Repair (15)
- Microwave Oven (17)
- Oven-Range-Stove Repair (32)
- Podcast (8)
- Refrigerator Repair (86)
- Repair Videos (44)
- Samurai Incarnate (33)
- Samurai Wisdom (2)
- Screencasts (22)
- Snowblower Repair (1)
- Surfing the Apocalypse (10)
- Washing Machine Repair (201)
- Water Heater (1)
A cautionary PSA for Grasshoppers undertaking microwave oven repairasteysn2 - May 15 2013 09:56 PM
9 Ways to Beat Odor Problems in Modern High-Efficiency Front Load and Top Load Washersmicabay - May 12 2013 08:29 PM
9 Ways to Beat Odor Problems in Modern High-Efficiency Front Load and Top Load WashersThurliss - May 12 2013 11:59 AM
DurhamApplianceToday, 01:25 AM
Ahh-CoolYesterday, 07:21 PM
micabayYesterday, 05:59 PM
suampmanYesterday, 04:14 PM
rolfs00Yesterday, 10:21 AM
SpaceCoastBruceYesterday, 07:55 AM
appmed118 May 2013 - 08:34
webbesmeralda18 May 2013 - 05:24
tomeckert18 May 2013 - 03:05
applianceman9718 May 2013 - 00:44