How to fix a Maytag side-by-side MZD2768GE refrigerator that's freezing food in the beer compartment
... IS THIS THE SAME PROBLEM AS GE AND THEIR DAMPER MOTORS?
Yes. There's a tech bulletin out on this. You need to replace the autodamper assembly.
One year warranty on the part and you can return it for a refund if it doesn't fix the problem.
Source: maytag side by side MZD2768GE FREEZING PRODUCT IN REFRIGERATOR SECTION
A few extra tips........
...bend the tabs a bit...
....grind the offending rivets off from both the old and new heaters...
..the wire will need to be rerouted, I just removed the pin from the connector,
did not want to cut and reconnect the wire..
I got more pics. if'n you gets stuck .....keep us posted....
Source: Samsung Ref Model #RS265LABP
Service Test Mode:
The service test functions are performed using the refrigerator display and keypad.
Enter the Service Test Mode by performing the following sequence of events.
1. Open the Fresh Food door and press and hold the Door Alarm keypad DoorAlarm .
2. Press and hold Refrigerator Temperature UP keypad .
3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad DoorAlarm and wait 3 seconds.
4. Press the Refrigerator UP Keypad again.
5. Display will show 001 in left display and numeric or dashes in right display.
6. Press Freezer Up keypad and Freezer Down keypad to toggle through Service Test numbers.
Service Test – 101 Defrost Heater & Defrost Circuit
• Press the Refrigerator Up keypad and Refrigerator Down keypad to energize or de-energize the Defrost circuit.
The display will read OFF when de-energized OP when energized with open defrost thermostat and CL when energized with closed defrost thermostat.
Service Test – 102 Compressor / Condenser Fan
• Press the Refrigerator Up keypad and Refrigerator Down keypad to toggle Compressor/Condenser fan On and Off.
Source: Maytag mfd2561hes fridge and freezer not cooling and compress fan not running
Find Parts & Diagrams Here
Looking for Appliance Parts? Enter your model number, part number, or even a part description and find it here. 365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!
5 Tips for Success in Your Online Appliance Repair Training Program21 February 2015
Fun Times at ASTI 2015 in New Orleans13 February 2015
Samurai Tech Academy Certification: A Standard of Excellence28 January 2015
How Much Does Appliance Tech Training Cost?28 January 2015
- Uncategorized (0)
- Appliance Parts Smarts (12)
- Appliance Poetry (3)
- Appliance Repair Service (33)
- Appliance Repair Training (22)
- Appliantology Academy (7)
- Appliantology Newsletter (22)
- ASTI 2013 (2)
- ASTI 2014 (1)
- Cool Stuff (9)
- Dishwasher Repair (63)
- Dispenser Repair (7)
- Dryer Repair (75)
- Forum Tips (4)
- Forum Updates (12)
- Freezer Repair (2)
- General Appliance Repair Wisdom (51)
- Goofs (12)
- Hillstomping Update (18)
- Humor (20)
- HVAC (4)
- Icemaker Repair (19)
- Microwave Oven (18)
- Oven-Range-Stove Repair (39)
- Podcast (8)
- Refrigerator Repair (111)
- Repair Videos (46)
- Samurai Incarnate (46)
- Samurai Wisdom (5)
- Screencasts (22)
- Snowblower Repair (1)
- Surfing the Apocalypse (10)
- Tools and Instruments (2)
- Washing Machine Repair (227)
- Water Heater (1)
Search My Blog
My Gallery Albums
42 user(s) viewing
0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users