If those check out good, then you're off the high voltage circuitry in the microwave. This video will show you how to troubleshoot the high voltage system ==> Download Video (180mb, .mov file)
To learn more about your microwave or to order parts, click here.
from the 16021668.pdf service manual:
1. Disconnect power to oven and remove grille, (see "Grille" procedure).
2. Open the oven door, slowly raise the door evenly. disengaging the pins at the top and bottom.
NOTE: When aligning the door for assembly, the door must be opened as much as possible.
3. To place door back on unit, place bottom pin into hole first and then align the top pin.
Once pins are aligned push door downward to lock into place.
4. Replace front grille to complete assembly.
1. Disconnect power to oven and remove oven door, (see "Door Removal" procedure).
2. Pry away choke cover, by placing a tool in the upper right corner of the door and gently prying outward on the choke cover.
Continue to work around the door casing until choke cover is completely loose.
To avoid property damage, care must be taken when prying choke cover from oven door.
3. Slide latch assembly upward and to the left to release plastic tabs from door frame.
Once latch assembly is loose the spring may be disconnected from the door frame.
4. Remove screws securing door handle and door frame to door panel.
5. Remove door frame by releasing tabs around entire door panel.
6. Remove door handle by placing a hand on door panel next to the top of the door handle.
Twist door panel towards the inside of door and pulling on the top portion of the door handle in a quick jerking motion.
NOTE: When replacing door handle, the bottom portion of the door handle must be inserted first.
7. Slide door glass to the right slightly, then push the door glass upward to release the glass from the track.
8. Reassemble in reverse order.
Once outer door trim panel is removed the glass panel is loose.
A microwave leakage test must be performed anytime a door assembly is removed, replaced, disassembly, or adjusted for any reason.
Part link for the replacement door handle ==> Door Handle
Source: Broken handle on Maytag Microwave MMV4184AAW
click on picture
then lower right corner to SAVE or CLOSE
Source: Help! Jenn-Air JMW9527CAB wall oven/microwave combo will not heat
Trouble is, the junction resistance on these rectumfliers is so high that doing a standard forward and reverse bias test with an ohm meter won't tell you anything because it'll just read open in both directions. This video shows an easy method for testing these special critters:
To learn more about your microwave oven or to order parts, click here.
Find Parts & Diagrams Here
Looking for Appliance Parts? Enter your model number, part number, or even a part description and find it here. 365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!
Understanding Engineers05 May 2013
- Uncategorized (0)
- Appliance Parts Smarts (10)
- Appliance Poetry (3)
- Appliance Repair Service (12)
- Appliantology Academy (3)
- Appliantology Newsletter (21)
- ASTI 2013 (2)
- Cool Stuff (8)
- Dishwasher Repair (45)
- Dispenser Repair (7)
- Dryer Repair (62)
- Forum Tips (2)
- Forum Updates (9)
- Freezer Repair (2)
- General Appliance Repair Wisdom (36)
- Goofs (10)
- Hillstomping Update (17)
- Humor (13)
- HVAC (4)
- Icemaker Repair (15)
- Microwave Oven (17)
- Oven-Range-Stove Repair (32)
- Podcast (8)
- Refrigerator Repair (86)
- Repair Videos (44)
- Samurai Incarnate (33)
- Samurai Wisdom (2)
- Screencasts (22)
- Snowblower Repair (1)
- Surfing the Apocalypse (10)
- Washing Machine Repair (201)
- Water Heater (1)
A cautionary PSA for Grasshoppers undertaking microwave oven repairasteysn2 - May 15 2013 09:56 PM
9 Ways to Beat Odor Problems in Modern High-Efficiency Front Load and Top Load Washersmicabay - May 12 2013 08:29 PM
9 Ways to Beat Odor Problems in Modern High-Efficiency Front Load and Top Load WashersThurliss - May 12 2013 11:59 AM