Manually unlocking a stuck door on a Whirlpool Duet Sport washer
Manually Unlocking the Door Lock System
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Remove the lower kick panel.
3. Reach up along the inside of the front and locate the bottom of the door switch/lock unit.
4. Located on the bottom of the door switch/lock unit is a tear-drop shaped tab.
5. Gently pull the tab down about a ¼" or until a click is heard.
6. The door may be opened.
Source: WFW8300ASW00 - Whirlpool Duet Sport front-load washer