How to replace the lid switch in a Whirlpool VMW washer
Here's part link to the replacement lid switch... http://www.repaircli...0404050/1938607
And here's how to replace it:
- Tape down the lid
- Remove the top screw from both hinged in back of the control panel.
- Slide the top panel forward about 1/2"
- Raise the front of the top panel up a bit
- While keeping the front lip lifted, push it back a bit
- Now tilt the top panel up on the rear hinges.
Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch
Source: Whirlpool Washer WTW5640XW Lid Wont Unlock
- Neil947 likes this