Handling imbalance problems in LG - Kenmore front load washers
If the washer is on a WOOD floor---try:
1) Add one bath towel to the tub/close door (this will mimic an unbalanced load).
2) Press: Power Button ("on")
3) Press: Spin Speed Button to *High*
4) Press: Start Button
5) Place one finger at each of the front leveling legs & wait until the Tub begins to accelerate to higher RPM spin.
If the left or right leveling leg begins to move or hop up/down---use the *LG wrench* to adjust the "leg" until it
stops (unsually 1/4 to 1/2 a turn).
On LG washers (and equivalent Kenmore models) with the "True Balance" feature---it is normal to observe the following:
1) 0 rpm to 400 rpm: Slight/low grade wobble of the washer as the tub begins to spin with *wet* laundry.
2) 400 rpm & above: Near perfect spin cycle. Very little or no Shakes/Vibration/Rattle etc for the duration of
the spin cycle.
3) As the spin cycle ends----the tub begins to slow down. 800rpm/700rpm/600rpm etc.
4) When the tub slows to 400rpm and comes to a dead stop---a slight wobble/vibration occurs (briefly).
All of the above is *normal*.
True Balance differs from older LG washers in that---on the older models---the ENTIRE spin cycle is an uncontrollable vibration/rattle/shaking/coiled-spring noise event. Start-to-finish.
Source: Kenmore washer 79640272 reset?