Manually Jumpering The Optics Board In A Whirlpool IDI System
And here's another technique:
MANUALLY STARTING AN IDI ICE MAKER
The following procedure may be helpful when trying to manually start an IDI ice
maker. The procedure will override the 50 minute ice maker time-out.
1. Jump test points “T” to “H”.
2. Make sure the ice bin is on the door, the IDI slide is “on,” and both doors are
3. Unplug the unit, or turn off the power for 10 seconds, and then reapply power.
4. After 10 seconds, open and close the freezer door.
5. After 15 seconds, open the freezer door. The ice maker should be running.
6. Remove the jumper from test points “T” to “H”.