Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

RepairClinic Earns the Coveted Intergalactic Samurai-Approved Certification

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Team Samurai

274881018_28e6ce3431_t.jpgAs long-time readers of these hallowed electrons know, Fixitnow.com Samurai Appliance Repair Man awards the widely-acclaimed Intergalactic Samurai Approved Certification (ISAC) each year to an outstanding bidness in the appliance repair field. I am pleased to announce that RepairClinic.com has earned the coveted ISAC for 2006.

Recently, I flew the Samurai Learjet to Detroit and visited the good folks at RepairClinic.com, the biggest (and best) online appliance parts store. When I landed at Detroit Metro, I was pleased to see that the limousine was already there waiting for me.

japanesearmy.thumbnail.jpgAt their brand-new, modern, 72,000 square-foot facility in Canton, MI, the Repairclinic machine hums away, day and night, taking orders and shipping out parts all over the US (Canada coming soon! …maybe …hopefully icon_mrgreen.gif )– a very impressive and high-tech operation. Here’s an aerial shot of the Samurai inspecting the RepairClinic facility and staff.

So, how did RepairClinic earn the coveted and cherished ISAC? Well, for starters, all orders are received, processed, and shipped right from their own facility in Canton, MI. This means you get your parts FAST. In fact, almost all orders are shipped the same day the order is received. All the other online parts stores use some other third party, unknown to you, for order fulfillment. In addition to increasing costs for you and delaying your shipment, these kinds of third-party arrangements also complicates things like returns. Speaking of returns…

If you click through any link on this website to get to RepairClinic, such as this one, and order parts, you can return that part, no matter what it is, for any reason, even electrical parts! Lemme run that last part by you again in case you missed it, Slick: …even electrical parts. This is unheard of in all the dark, murky underworld of home appliances. I dare you to find any other vendor with a similar policy. No, I DOUBLE dare you!

samurai_with_weapons_-_kusakabe_kimbei_1841-1934.thumbnail.jpgBut. of course, it wasn’t all work during my visit to RepairClinic; we made time for socializing and getting to know each other. For example, here’s a picture of me cracking up RepairClinic’s CEO, Larry Beach (right), and President, Chris Hall (left), by doing a really cool Darth Vader imitation. Good times, good times.

Congratulations to the RepairClinic Team!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do they do any over-the-counter sales? I'm in the Canton area quite often.

Could you suggest to them the idea of carrying more items technicians commonly need. I'm thinking high temp wire terminals, ceramic wire nuts, industrial epoxies, and all the other stuff us Masters and Grasshoppers need to Get-R-Done. The industrial supply houses charge way too much for that kind of stuff.

Another idea...

If they sold a basic, but good quality, multimeter that would be suitable for Grasshopper use, it would be easier for us to tell them how to use it.

Maybe a full line of Professional tools and equipment? They have a good sales and distribution system in place.

Just a thought.

Nick

• Team Samurai

As for over-the-counter sales, yes, they have a walk-in part counter right there at the front entrance of their facility. I, too, wish they would carry more tech tools and accessories, wish I had thought to raise that at the meeting, er, I mean, inspection.

They do sell a decent, low-cost digital VOM: http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=964739&Acc=1

That's the meter I link to on my Basic Electrical Measurements pages: http://fixitnow.com/2004/12/appliance-repair-revelation-making.htm

These are all great suggestions, Nick! I will pass these along to RepairClinic. Thanks for your comments. :dude:

It's too much to hope for, but a good auto-ranging DMM is something every home DIY'er should invest in. Even if you spend $120 on a Fluke 12, you can expect years of faithful service, and it could pay for itself many times over.

I use a Fluke 16, it's a fine tool, and it's up to the task of daily professional use.

Nick

Archived