Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
bragon

Whirlpool side by side refrigerator stop working

9 posts in this topic

Came home and found frig not working.  Light is on, but freezer defrosted and warm on frig side.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sure would like a model number.....If it is dead except for the light sounds like either your defrost timer/ADC board has gone out in the defrost cycle or your cold control/computer board went kapoot.  Do not know what is in there tho...............:?

Model # is ED25DQXVN00.  I have no idea what is in there.

Thanks.  Looks like this is just a regular ref.  If the whole box is dead except for the light would suspect the defrost timer went out in defrost or  the C/C went out.  Suspect the timer first.  The defrost timer is ref. #6 and the cold control is ref. # 9.  Turn the defrost timer button to the right to see if the box comes back on.  If it does replace this timer.  If it does not come on, unplug the ref. and take the two wires to the C/C and hook them together, then plug the box back in to see if it comes on.  If it does, replace the cold control.  If not put the wires back on the C/C, plug the box back in and take a volt stick and trace back to the cord to find where you have lost power to the box.  I am betting on the defrost timer tho. Assuming nothing is running in this ref.  If the fans are running but the compressor is not, see if the start relay on the compressor is fried.

Leadimage.asp?productTypeID=0165000&brandID=1198&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR&modelNumber=ED25DQXVN00&documentID=00052095&documentTypeID=PLDM&documentClassCode=PM&titleType=CONTROL&titleID=00011&

I went in and turned the defrost timer all the way to the right and then back to the left and when I did that the unit started running.  Should I replace the defrost timer?

Sounds like that is the problem...:cool:....you will need the 482493 FSP defrost timer.  Be sure to follow the instructions to see how to wire it for your model. Look where both of the timer motor wires are on your timer that is in the box.  If you cannot see them go by the harness colors, the instructions are in the timer package.  Your box will now run and cool down until you can get this replaced.  However it may not advance into defrost now so every 8 hours turn that timer into defrost for 21 minutes till it is replaced. 

Thanks for your help, you da man!...:party:

Thanks, and you are quite welcome.......:cool:

[user=1258]bragon[/user] wrote:

I went in and turned the defrost timer all the way to the right and then back to the left and when I did that the unit started running. Should I replace the defrost timer?

Wait a minute Pegi, did you really read what was posted?

The defrost timer will not turn both directions, so the part needed is the "Cold Control/T-stat" not "Defrost Timer".

So Bragon, what did you really turn, was it the control dial on front or the defrost timer that you would have to use a screw driver or quarter to turn.

Part ref#9, knob ref#26 -- If this is what you turned you need the "Cold Control/T-stat"

Part ref#6, -- If this is what you turned you need the "Defrost Timer"