Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

any Rat stories out there?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

I had a similar problem with rats from a next door store. We had a gay that did upholstery and a the giant parrot thing he kept in his shop. well, the rats found all the bird seed he kept there and like ants multiplied everywhere. They ate thru the wall into our shop and found home in some of our appliances. So one day I deliver this dryer, hook it up in the garage, turn it on, go to pull out the lint filter and out comes this rat with it! poor guy had just had bypass surgery and we both jumped out of our shoes! He caught the rat and thank goodness that he understood how it happened. Needless to say we (all vendors in the plaza) made the guy get rid of the bird.

A gay or a guy??

Scott Wolf

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#42 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

2013-05-14111659_zpsc3f9e4cd.jpg

2013-05-14111707_zps0f73da2a.jpg

Edited by J5, 24 May 2013 - 12:32 AM.

#43 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Call to an high dollar range bought off craigs list.    Oven control board dead.   Initial inspection notice rat damage.  home owner got rid off rats so I look for collateral damage, wire chewing.   Open control panel (front of range) Worst case of roach shit I've every seen.  Plugs so nasty,  customer touched diode & it fell off.  I got that crap up my nose I was done.  Told customer to clean unit up & I would price new board.   Customer said hell no, he is going to buy new one, he is done with craigs list.   Went home immediately (Last call of day)  and hot showered.  Still feels like a got it up my nose. :down:

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#44 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

Brother J5, what the hell am I lookin' at?!  Did a sackfull of poisoned, water starved rats explode in there?!

#45 J5

J5

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

dunno mate

we dont really get too much rats , its mainly mice

but as you can see they just chewed though the noise insulation and then chewed through

the water spout

funny enough complaint was dw was tripping power as the water had gone from the top and leaked into the bottom into the motor

#46 MetalApplianceman

MetalApplianceman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Budweiser

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

older kitchen-aid right angle drive washer, on the sound deadening pad at the bottom the was a dead rat on the right and a 20 dollar bill on the left.

#47 mark mac

mark mac

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

Had a whirpool dryer, long dry times and noise, took it apart there was a mouse crushed beteen blower housing and wheel

#48 J5

J5

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:23 PM

wonder why the washer wouldnt cut the water off someone ate through the pressure tube

onsite14_zpsa8c9eb43.jpg

Edited by J5, 22 March 2014 - 10:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics