Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
txsailor

Defroster repair on an Admiral Refer

4 posts in this topic

For the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to acess the defrost heating elements. I have done troubleshooting of the system and the timer is running ok but the heating element shows open with my trusty DVM. I've looked all over the freezer compartment for a way to remove the inside to access the elements and believe the only way is  to remove the lower compartment door and moulding.. Any suggestions...:(

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The evaporator and defrost heaters are in the floor of the freezer, like ahso:

admref14.jpg?dc=4675425985514883855

I figured thats where the heater is but to get to the darn thing is my problem. Do I remove the da__m door to get the freezer bottom cover off??? don't want to cut the compartment floor out:X

Both doors and their hinges come off.

Now you know why we make the BIG money!  :dude: