Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Hotpoint HDA2600K01 Dishwasher C6 Code

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 El Kabong

El Kabong

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Asahi Super Dry

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:56 AM

I have an older Hotpoint version (model HDA2600K01) of the GE Potscrubber dishwasher with the electronic controls (vingate 1990 or so). It sat for about a year without running, and when we came back to the house it had developed a tic. It still cleans and works OK except for one small problem.

When it runs a normal wash cycle I get a C6 code on the display panel, indicating the water is not hot enough. I have tested the input water at the adjacent tap and it is at 120 degrees, so that should not be a problem. I have also run the dishwasher right after charging the tap with hot water so there is not possibility that the water in the line is getting cooled down prior to starting up on the delay.

I also ran the F1 test cycle and got the same problem.

Is this a DIY job, or is a professional required?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 El Kabong

El Kabong

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Asahi Super Dry

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:59 AM

Refresh: Anybody got any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics