Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Magic Chef F1 Code

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alden Miller

Alden Miller

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:04 PM

First, great site! Thanks for hosting it!!

My Magic Chef stove woke us up in the middle of the night a couple weeks ago beeping like an alarm clock. When I went down to look at it the display had F1 on it. Couldn't get it to go away (stay away that is) by pressing the stop/cancel button. I ended up turning the power and gas off to it.

I couldn't sleep after that so I searched the web and found a similar post on this site. I tried what it suggested, disconnected the small circuit board (three wires, behind clock). There are two boards, this was the smaller board that is closer to the inside of the stove.

This worked, the beeping and alarm stopped. Now I'd like to know what part this is so I can replace it. I tried entering my model number S 648 4TKXW (without the spaces) on the search function but it can't find that model. It's a Magic Chef Gas Stove, about 15 years old.

Any suggestions on a part?

Thanks! -Alden

Oh yeah, I'll be away from computers until Thursday but I'll check back then.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:54 AM

Hello, my beeping friend.  I suggest that your check your sensor in accordance with our most dear and gracious leader's enlightening tome on the topic.  Should the sensor proves good, then the problem is most likely the membrane switch.

As for the model number, I can only suggest that you review the Samurai's Ten Commandments for Reading Model Numbers

Allahu Akbar!

#3 Alden Miller

Alden Miller

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:22 PM

Moostafa, thanks for the reply!

I did as you suggested and tested the sensor. It reads 1100 ohms at 75 degrees. Looks like it is the memberane.

Since I was digging around I reread the model number. Apparently when I am calling out numbers and letters my "H" sounded like an "8". I believe that with this transcription problem resolved I will be able to find my parts.

Thanks again!

-Alden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics