Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Front Loader - Won't Pump

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mikeo

Mikeo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:50 PM

My Kenmore front loading model #417.41042000 agitates and advances through the cyles, but will not pump water out. When the washer is advancing through cycles and comes to the point when water should be pumped out, there is simply a buzzing sound. I removed the pump to be sure there wasn't anything binding on it...there wasn't anything in the pump and the impellors spun freely, although the pump was very hot.

Is this pump bad? Any other things to trouble shoot? My wife returns tomorrow and if I can't fix it by then, I'll be washing my clothes at the laundrymat. :(

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 01:02 AM

Sounds like you have a bad pump but the only way to know for sure is to use a meter and check that the pump is getting 110-120volts when you hear it humming. If the pump is getting the volts required and just humming and obviously isn't jammed then time to replace pump.

Or use a test cord and plug the pump in just using a test cord to see if it works if you don't have a meter.

Here's the pump if that's what is needed: CLICK HERE
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 Lurker_BrokenArrow_*

Lurker_BrokenArrow_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 13 June 2005 - 03:41 PM

If I recall, the 417 has a coin trap just before water enters the pump. It's moulded into the black rubber hose coming from tub. I have found nails, coins, paper clips, rubber backing from throw rugs, you name it. Any of which will slow/stop water flow. One thing I do on these types of issues is place it in a drain cycle and check to see how well the water is flowing from drain line. [shadow=green]Sincerly, BrokenArrow[/shadow]

#4 Mikeo

Mikeo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:09 AM

Thanks for that information. I inspected the black rubber boot that connects to the pump for foreign debris and having found none, ordered a new pump. I'll re-check the boot and verify that water will flow in the drain cycle.

I appreciate the leads and will post the results.

#5 Mikeo

Mikeo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:02 PM

The problem was the pump. The washer is running good as new now. Thanks to Budget Appliance and Broken Arrow for their help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics