Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ka3ohh

Manitowoc Ice maker

3 posts in this topic

:birdeye:

Peace, O great one. 

The Boy Scouts have leaned upon me heavily to fix their $40.00 ice maker which is somewhat outside of my comfort zone of satellites and electro-mechanical stuff.   According to their description it completes the first cycle and then awaits unplugging to begin another cycle.  They are not impressed with the idea of putting the machine on a timer which may solve their problem cheaply.  They were told by some unknown that the circuit board may be bad but that sounds like an expensive catch-all that anyone could throw out.  It sounds more like a bad sensor that latches the board or a symptom of a more serious problem that simply times out by the time they discover it hasn't cycled.

The unit is a Manitowoc QD0202A  Ser. 980360512  using 404A 500psi Hi 250 lo.

I need a guess as to where to begin searching when I see this critter so I don't spend 6 hours educating myself on something I'll never see again.  Worse yet, scratching my head and saying "it's beyond me."

Thanks for any insight you can lend to this tiny grasshopper.

Ka3ohh

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thanks,   I'll look for the sensors in my spare time.   I guess I'll need to take a book with me and watch it thru a  few cycles.  I'll bet if I spray the sensors with water I can trick them... Just thinking.   Thanks again.

ka3ohh