Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Jason

Blower Speeds

2 posts in this topic

Hello, new to the forum, thanks for having me. My question is now that i turned my furnace on for the year the blower seems to be slower for some reason, when i place my hand over the floor register it has little volume of heated air coming out, the blower is running but i don't think fast enough. Any ideas it is a lennox diplomat.

Thanks in advance...

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Unless your hand is calibrated to "feel" cfm(cubit feet per minute) I would suggest a simple temperature rise check at the furnace.

Measure the air temperature at the return air duct (should be about room temp) then measure the supply air temperature a few feet downstream of the plenum. Subtract the return air temp from the supply air temp and compare this to the rating on the name plate (ie - 40-70F). If the temperature rise is above the rating then speeding up the blower is an option after you verify the filter is clean, the blower wheel is clean, the a-coil is not plugged, and all registers and return air grilles are open.