Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Blower Speeds

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jason

Jason

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:27 AM

Hello, new to the forum, thanks for having me. My question is now that i turned my furnace on for the year the blower seems to be slower for some reason, when i place my hand over the floor register it has little volume of heated air coming out, the blower is running but i don't think fast enough. Any ideas it is a lennox diplomat.

Thanks in advance...

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 hvacdrd

hvacdrd

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:59 PM

Unless your hand is calibrated to "feel" cfm(cubit feet per minute) I would suggest a simple temperature rise check at the furnace.

Measure the air temperature at the return air duct (should be about room temp) then measure the supply air temperature a few feet downstream of the plenum. Subtract the return air temp from the supply air temp and compare this to the rating on the name plate (ie - 40-70F). If the temperature rise is above the rating then speeding up the blower is an option after you verify the filter is clean, the blower wheel is clean, the a-coil is not plugged, and all registers and return air grilles are open.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics