Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Ariston appliances

Keinokuorma

Anyone got much experience on Ariston appliances?

There was an ad in a magazine recently... the Gigantti group would import those in Finland, but the Ariston home page has not listed Finland, even as "Rest of Europe"... but it tells me that it is somewhat married to Indesit.

Anyway, that the machines are sold by Gigantti and there is no further info, nobody has any that I have heard of... only read once abut a dishwasher in these forums... it makes the hair on my back stand up. Gigantti seems much like your Sears... only that they sell most stuff under the original brands. Anyway, too often cheapo throw-away-if-broken stuff which nobody knows nothing about... with the slogan (taranslated) "It's just stupid to pay too much". I bet that's what it says on the workers' payroll tickets too.

The things don't look too bad, they may even be fine stuff, but the sales chain they're on doesn't promise too much.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK there are a couple hits when searching Ariston directly in this forum... but just a handful. Whether that means that most Ariston owners are happy, or there are just few Ariston owners...

Read that they gave some stuff for Haier to make replicas... and that brand sucks, if we get any, it's someone bringing a single unit with them from abroad, and when it "does the mercy", they carry it to a repair shop, just to hear that the part required must be imported and costs almost as much as a fairly good machine from the local market.

Saga continues...

Today I was repairing a computer at an appliance store, I asked the bosses... and heard that some 15 to 20 years ago Ariston was sold in Finland, but was somewhat minor compared to Philips... But as it seems, it's coming back on a dubious retailer group.

I wasn't on much any business back then, just out of my electrical training.

• 1 month later...

I think Ariston is part of the Huge appliance manufacturer, the Merloni group ( Asko, Indesit, Baumatic, Smeg, Classique etc). I serviced a few units in Nz, and we are warranty agents for them in The Lower mainland, BC, Canada, but I have yet to see 1.

They seem like an okay product.

Haier actually modeled their products on Ariston, and Ariston had to issue a warning a couple of years ago saying that although they looked the same, Haier was using outdated technology and manufacturing techniques and they had nothing to do with the Ariston group.

[user=904]Kiwi-nadian[/user] wrote:

I think Ariston is part of the Huge appliance manufacturer, the Merloni group ( Asko, Indesit, Baumatic, Smeg, Classique etc).

Of those brands, we mostly run into Indesit... Seems like many brands from Yurup are in that group.

You can never tell for sure without trying out, if these large joint companies are any good... Whirlpool bought Philips and for a long time, the products were still Philips crap with WP labels... don't know if they will be putting former Maytag technology to their new stuff here (hope not the crappy MCB's and door locks to the front loaders)... and now that we have this flunky chain selling Ariston, we can't be sure if it's still the same, equal or better stuff than it allegedly was in the 90's. Perhaps no other way to know but try out, or watch around and see how many people buy them... because here the trend seems to be that if some brand craps out on you, you buy something else next time, and tell other people to do so too.

Archived