Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sears Kenmore model 110.28822790 overfills

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dave

Dave

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:09 AM

I have a Sears Kenmore series 80 model 110.28822790 which over fills.  From reading general washing machine repair manuals out of the library it sounds like an overfill switch problem.  Well I've tried every way I can think of to remove the cabinet to get at the workings and have had no luck.  Anyone replaced an overfill switch before?  If so any help would be great.  Even how to get the cabinet off would be great.  Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 GLC

GLC

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 12:53 PM

Hi Mr Dave; First unplug your machine from the outlet.
It looks like on your model there would be two end caps. One on the left and one on the right of the comsole. Snap those off. Under each one you will see a phillips head screw. Remove those two screws. They are the ones that are a bit of an angle, they are in the front pointing down. Now tilt the console back on its own hinges. And there is access to the rear of all the controls. To remove the water level switch (aka: presure switch) you will see three wires and a clear plastic tube that attaches to switch. Remove those. Mkae a note which wire goes back where if they are single wires. Pull the knob off the front of the console. In the rear remove the 1'4 inch head screws that hold the switch in place.
Let me know.
Unless specifically asked otherwise, remember to test with the unit unplugged, or breaker off.
CLICK HERE TO BUY PARTS
Appliance Repair In Maryland http://serviceeveryday.com

#3 Dave

Dave

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:14 PM

GLC,

Thanks!  I couldn't figure out how to get into the control panel and you where right on the money.  In fact once I rotated the control panel up I saw the clear tube had come off of the switch.  I pushed it back on and reconnected the water and drain hoses and tried it out.  It works like a charm!!!  Thanks!

#4 GLC

GLC

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:38 PM

you are very welcome :D
Unless specifically asked otherwise, remember to test with the unit unplugged, or breaker off.
CLICK HERE TO BUY PARTS

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:44 AM

Some advise for you, reopen that consule and cut about 1" off the pressure tube so as you get a good tight fit that won't fall off again.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#6 GLC

GLC

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:47 AM

smart stuff B.A.R.:D
CLICK HERE TO BUY PARTS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics