Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag dryer Heats but won't shut off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 DLFISH1437

DLFISH1437

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:11 PM

Dryer timer is slow/ not working. Moisture setting does not work, after the clothes are plenty dry it continues to dry. The heating element is fine.

I checked the vent and it is clear, I even took high pressure air and blew the dryer out and through the vent to be sure. I assume I need a new timer but is the moisture control on this model in the same circuit or do I need more parts while I have it apart? And if so what do you recommend?  The timer works but is very slow. It takes an hour for a ten minute setting.

The Serial number on the dryer is 20281391EC     Maytag MDE7400AYW        Thanks for your time.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 does_what_he_can

does_what_he_can

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:02 PM

how long does it take to dry a load of clothes? when you say the timer works slow, does it actually finish the cycle? what is the model number? is it heating properly?

#3 DLFISH1437

DLFISH1437

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:58 AM

the Model number is  MDE7400AYW  and if you set the timer for ten minutes it might take an hour to stop

#4 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:21 AM

The schematic posted on line for your unit series 20 is pretty darn blurry. It appears that if you have 120VAC from the Gray&Red wire to the brown wire constantly, and your timer is not advancing consistently, then your timer is bad. If you could post a schematic from your unit, we can trace and find the problem if you are not reading 120VAC there at all times. Is this problem something that has just started, or had it done it since you bought it? 
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#5 DLFISH1437

DLFISH1437

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:42 AM

It's been doing it for about the past six months ( yes I'm a procrastinator) I'll change the timer but I didn't think it would be the problem that we have with using the moisture setting to dry the clothes. I'll check the voltage and order a timer because I know that I'll need one regardless. Thanks for replying.

#6 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:08 PM

[user=11080]DLFISH1437[/user] wrote:

the Model number is  MDE7400AYW  and if you set the timer for ten minutes it might take an hour to stop

Prior you stated that if you set it for 10 minutes it takes an hour to stop. The checks I provided for you are for this  TIME DRY section, not Inteli-Dry. Solve one problem first then move on. If in time dry, you set it on 10 minutes, and you have 120VAC on the two wires I mentioned and it takes over an hour to shut off, bad timer.   
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#7 DLFISH1437

DLFISH1437

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:37 PM

Thanks, I'll try the timer and get back with you if I need to. Appreciate the feedback.

#8 mopar X

mopar X

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:44 PM

[user=11080]DLFISH1437[/user] wrote:

Thanks, I'll try the timer and get back with you if I need to. Appreciate the feedback.

Also  Make sure Dryer Vent is clean with nothing obstructing discharge

#9 shupe

shupe

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:51 PM

did timer fix this promblem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics