Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Relocate boiler and water heater

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 headcustodian

headcustodian

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:42 AM

Good morning,

What I would like to do is move my oil fired boiler and oil fired water heater to an outside wall. It is currently smack in the middle of my basement. I guess you can figure out where my chimeny is also. Thats right! It runs right thru the middle of the house. The chiminey is failing bad and must be replaced. Relining is not an option.

What I am looking for is a practicle and cost effective way to pipe it. My first question is. Do they make a direct vent retro kit? If not is double wall flu pipe good enough or do you need triple wall? If Im correct. single wall would not keep the gases warm enough and create problems down the road. Yes or no? I would also like to know what the formula for the rise and run is. The last question is I D . What size would I need

Recap list,

1) direct vent retro   3) rise,run

2) Type of pipe         4) ID size

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jahjahbinks

jahjahbinks

idoit / voyer/ anarcist

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:ABSOLUT & GREEN TEA

Posted 26 November 2006 - 04:59 PM

OIL  forget it

oil heat burners are way to hot to try to relocate  plus you have the soot factor

get another stack or go to gas. 

SHE WHO HAS THE MONEY GETS HIS APPLIANCES REPAIRED

Currently serving EVERYTHING

#3 headcustodian

headcustodian

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:04 AM

Already done. Restacked with double wall stainless steel.

Thanks anyway.

Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics