Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

When I pull the Cycle Switch (Dial), Hum!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 snowyowl

snowyowl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:12 PM

It is a GE Heavy Duty 18; 2 Speed Washer with Mini-Wash;

Model WWA 8360 N A L HT

We've had the machine since 1986 and it's been a good machine. A week ago I tried to do a load, it filled up, the dial went on it's merry way around the normal cycle and I caught it on the first spin without having done anything. All I got was a "hum" when I pulled the Cycle dial. Today while tearing it apart piece by piece, I located the "hum" coming from behind left side where the hot and cold water hoses go into the machine, there are four electrical connections (slip connector type), I numbered them, I turned the power on and that specific part started "humming". Any Clue???

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 ryan_975

ryan_975

IkkĊ-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:28 PM

Does it do it only on one water temperature setting?  Seems to me like the water valve body has gotten clogged or has gone bad. 

#3 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:29 PM

That is your fill valve, water valve.  Either there is no water to the washer or the valve has gone bad.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#4 GLC

GLC

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:54 PM

yup, check and make sure no one turned off the HOT or COLD water be accident.
Then you turn off the water supply and take the hoses off the valve and remember which one goes back where. Hold them over the sink and turn the water on and make sure that you are getting plenty of water through the hoses. Then look at the ends of the hoses for any type of screens to catch debres. Look inside the water valve where you just took the hoses off of. There are screens there too. Make sure those screens are not dirty and clogged up. If all that obvious stuff looks okay then chances are the water mixing valve (aka water inlt vale) is bad.
Unless specifically asked otherwise, remember to test with the unit unplugged, or breaker off.
CLICK HERE TO BUY PARTS
Appliance Repair In Maryland http://serviceeveryday.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics