Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
fclifton

Dishwasher hose connections

17 posts in this topic

Our dishwasher has quit draining properly. After looking through your site, I found the Dishwasher Drain Hose Configuration pictures. They all show the drain hose coming up out of the dishwasher and being tied to a point higher than the drain connection. If the hose was disconnected from this high point and was on the floor until it went up to the drain connection, would it cause the dishwasher to not drain properly?

Hope I've explained this understandably!

Thanks,

Frank

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Without a Brand and Model number we cannot be of much help.

Ah, I thought this might be a general question. I don't have the exact model number, but it is a Kenmore Ultrawash with Quietgard and Smartwash. If the actual model number is needed, I'l have to get it tonight when I'm home.

Thanks!

Since the Kenmore products are a private label and are made by many different manufacturers this could be a G.E, Whirlpool, Frigidaire, etc.  These different brands have different reasons they do not drain and might not have anything to do with how your drain hose is routed.

Ok, I have the model and serial numbers now:

Model: 17532200

Serial: FM2201811

Does that help?

That does not come up, will need the 3 numbers before the model number, which is the source code to who made this unit.

I'm not at home, so my son is looking. Can you tell me where on the unit that information can be found? What I gave was on a tag that could be seen when the door was opened.

That is the correct tag and the some of the correct numbers, but will need the 3 numbers before this with  a   .   between the 3 numbers and the rest of the model number.

My son found another number (after first saying there were no others!):

Type: 575-0

Is this what is needed?

See if he can find the model number that starts with 363  or 665  or 587  something like that followed with a   .    then 7-8 numbers

If the model number is 175.32200 does that make sense? Maybe he didn't notice the "."

No that is still not a good model number.

Try this 665.17532200 it's a Whirlpool unit. You have two motors, one to pump water for washing and a seperate motor to drain the water out.

Could you describe your problem in a little more detail? Like when it should be draining do you hear a buzzing noise or nothing? When it goes into drain the main wash motor should shut off about 30sec. to 1min. after drain pump starts. If you do hear a buzzing but it doesn't drain you have either a jammed up pump or a plugged drain line or the impeller on the pump is stripped out.

You will have to remove the drain line to see if it's plugged. You will not be able to blow through it since there is a check valve, I believe, built into the drain hose or at the connection just in front of the motor/pump unit behind the kickplate.

Have you cleared the check valve?

wp_dw_check_valve.jpg?dc=4675439895431114959

I just checked and the number is indeed 665.17532200. As far as the problem I only have second hand information so far, described by my wife. The main thing is that the dishes are no longer coming out clean. My wife has noticed unclean standing water after the unit has completed its cycle. So it's almost like the dishes are getting rinsed with dirty water. Anyway, I'll have to take a look at the check valve. Is that something that if it is plugged, it is easy to see?

Thanks for all the help!

Ignore that picture Samurai posted, you won't find the check valve that looks like that on your machine.

Samurai, this is the new style Whirlpool D/W, 2 motors (1 for pump, 1 for drain).

There is a check valve as I posted in the drain hose part that will find directly in front behind the kickplate area.

In that case, the drain pump is probably burned out, seen this alot on these.  Check to see if it's getting power during the drain cycle.  If it is and it's not running, well, you do the math.