Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher&Paykel DD603 F1 problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 thetrussking

thetrussking

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:56 AM

My "know it all" 15 (going on 30) year old stepdaughter loaded both drawers with liquid dish soap.  The code flashes F1.  I know that means flooded, & I read the "Revelation" story posted 10/25/04.  For starters, how do I remove panel(s) of bottom drawer?  Do I access it from top drawer? Could someone post a step by step instruction guide?  :shock:

Thanks! 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 mopar X

mopar X

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:11 AM

Did you try and remove the excess soap from the machine then clear code by pressing keylock button until beep is sounded then press one more time until beep to clear all faults.

#3 thetrussking

thetrussking

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:09 PM

Thanks mopar X!  That did the trick without dismanteling the unit!  woohoo!!!

#4 thetrussking

thetrussking

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:49 AM

Well, the "quick repair" didn't work.  The maching ran thru one cycle and now displays the F1 code again.  I used my shop vac to suck out as much as I can from both units, pressed the lock button & repressed again to reset.  Still reads F1.  Any other suggestions?? 

Thanks

#5 asteysn2

asteysn2

Asteysn2

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Newcastle, Watneys, Stone's IPA

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:01 PM

The Infamous F1 error code............
Youre gonna hafta open up the unit and get the botom drawer out again.
Take it off its rails and set it aside.
Careful to not pull too much on the hoses/ wires.
See that gray plastic cover in the back there? Gotta pop that off.
Now do you see that small circuit board beneath it? Youre gonna remove that.
The connectors will only go back in one way so dont worry, but get the hot and neutral wires back on from whence they came.

That leettle board is called the mains filter board. Take it out and look over the that little board thats soldered to it perpendicularlly by a couple bare wires.
Is it clean?
What about the components on the board itself,
Anything burned out? caked over or corroded?

No? Ok lets look at the hoses.
Put the thing into diagnostics mode and run the water fill sequence and the drain sequence.
Are the hoses holding water good?
Yes?
Ok lets look at the lid seals. Run the LD diagnostics function and watch the lid motors doing thier thing. Do they both sound good and strong or are they dragging?
If dragging replace em.

How about the lid seal itself?
are the sealing edges in good shape?

more.....
See that long white plastic thingie thats kinda keeping the drawer hoses and wires all nice and pretty? Is it broken in two? If it is its a sure bet that one end is sticking into the wash drawer and not allowing the lid to seal down completely. If the thingie is broken ya gotta change it.

Lastly the bottom of the unit has to be dry, dry, DRY! Lift up that plastic chassis and blow hot air from a hair dryer beneath. Get ALL the water

Bob Sankie
Coastal Appliance Heating & AC
North County San Diego
"If you didn't call us, you paid too much"
www.coastalappliance.net
Robert Sankey
Coastal Appliance, Heating & Air
email: coastalserve@gmail.com

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,030 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:22 AM

Bob posted a followup that didn't make it to the forum but that I somehow got in my email:

One more thing.... when you get the water out, its gotta be DRY , DRY, DRY down there!!!
Take a screwdriver and slightly pry up that plastic chassic where the Mains board is nested in and then get out a hair dryer and get it bone dry everywhere. that sensor on the mains board only needs to be moist to trigger an F1 code

Bob Sankie
Coastal Appliance Heating & AC
North County San Diego
"If you didn't call us, you paid too much"
www.coastalappliance.net

#7 airtox

airtox

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:06 AM

I have a FP DD603I double dish drawer that is leaking.  We had a power blip and then things started leaking in the front right corner.  I then got the F1 error from the flood switch.  I read your other posts about getting it all dried out so I went through that procedure to clear the F1.  The F1 went away and then I ran the bottom drawer first to see if it would leak.  It leaked again in the same spot and set off F1 again.

How do I get the unit into dianostic mode to check the different cycles to determine when the leak is happening?  I also don't know how to check to see if the drain hose is plugged.  It almost seems like the seal on the top is not working.  The water is always on the right side of the unit and mostly in the front.

I don't know where to go from here, any help would be awesome.

Thanks, John

#8 AccApp

AccApp

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:01 PM

I emailed the manuals to you, let us know if you need any specific help. Feel free to start a new thread, it's less confusing that way.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics