Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

bzman1

Figidare Washer FWS645GFSO Belt Change

2 posts in this topic

Hello there,  My washers belt broke the other day and I picked up a new one (OEM of course) and spent about 2 hours trying to put this thing on.  It's completely kicking my A*&!  I've tried putting the belt around the motor pulley and starting a corner of the larger pulley then attempted to turn the hole shabang with no luck...Couldn't find any tensioner screws or bolts to bring the pulleys closer together.  Am I missing something?  I've replaced belts on everything you can imaging.  The new belt is a match with the old one.  Someone please throw me a bone?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

there is a spring loaded idler to the right of the motor which winds up as you push it towars the back,put belt on motor and idler and under main driven(large pulley),start the belt climbing on the r.h. side of the pulley and turn it clockwise as you apply pressure to the idler.   note that if the belt will not slide under the large pulley as it seems connected to the base of machine,tilt machine back and remove the bolt that is installed up from the bottom as it was supposed to have been removed upon delivery(shipping bolt). this would not be uncommon as i see these machines regularly that have the shipping bolt still in them,wreaking havoc upon the drive system for years!!