Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

palex1915

GE electric wall oven Model# JKP26 002AD

11 posts in this topic

GE electric wall oven...Model# JKP26 002AD...Serial# RA668485G...approx. age 25 years old.    

I set the oven to 350,  light on the dial went out, meaning oven was at 350, but it wasn't!!! (I used an oven thermometer to check.)   I pulled out both of the heating elements and continunity on both elements is fine. What should I check next??? 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

check the sensing probe  in oven make sure it's in it's holders & not hanging down ---but it does sound like you'll need a need t-stat:(

there are 2 probes in the oven...one pointing toward the front door and the other pointing toward the right side of the oven and both are in place.

can i replace the t-stat myself???

would you please confirm your model# &  yes you can change the t-stat yourself-- I'm thinking you model is a jkp26GP02bg --t-stat runs about 80-100 American & may come as a kit ---the one pointing to right side  is oven t-stat( long and skinny) and has what looks a small wire attached--the other is for self clean(fatter)

Model # is correct...JKP26 002AD

Serial# RA668485G...the GE answer center told me the build date is 8/1977, and the part # for a t-stat is WB21X5320.

How is this part replaced? Does the oven have to be removed? How is this done ?

I removed both of the heating elements.  when I checked for continunity, I set my digital meter on 2000 'omega'...the old upper element read 017 and the newer lower element read 018. a friend told me that the continunity was Ok, is he correct???

[user=15434]palex1915[/user] wrote:

I removed both of the heating elements.  when I checked for continunity, I set my digital meter on 2000 'omega'...the old upper element read 017 and the newer lower element read 018. a friend told me that the continunity was Ok, is he correct???

if the elements get hot they're good...how far are temps off? a wb21x5320 runs 170-200$

30 degrees...after I adjusted the temp. up on the dial !

How do I go about replacing the t-stat???

Dayyam, what does it mean when I start screwing up my own parts links? Good catch, AccApp. Domo! :dude: