Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
palex1915

GE electric wall oven Model# JKP26 002AD

11 posts in this topic

GE electric wall oven...Model# JKP26 002AD...Serial# RA668485G...approx. age 25 years old.    

I set the oven to 350,  light on the dial went out, meaning oven was at 350, but it wasn't!!! (I used an oven thermometer to check.)   I pulled out both of the heating elements and continunity on both elements is fine. What should I check next??? 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

check the sensing probe  in oven make sure it's in it's holders & not hanging down ---but it does sound like you'll need a need t-stat:(

there are 2 probes in the oven...one pointing toward the front door and the other pointing toward the right side of the oven and both are in place.

can i replace the t-stat myself???

would you please confirm your model# &  yes you can change the t-stat yourself-- I'm thinking you model is a jkp26GP02bg --t-stat runs about 80-100 American & may come as a kit ---the one pointing to right side  is oven t-stat( long and skinny) and has what looks a small wire attached--the other is for self clean(fatter)

Model # is correct...JKP26 002AD

Serial# RA668485G...the GE answer center told me the build date is 8/1977, and the part # for a t-stat is WB21X5320.

How is this part replaced? Does the oven have to be removed? How is this done ?

I removed both of the heating elements.  when I checked for continunity, I set my digital meter on 2000 'omega'...the old upper element read 017 and the newer lower element read 018. a friend told me that the continunity was Ok, is he correct???

[user=15434]palex1915[/user] wrote:

I removed both of the heating elements.  when I checked for continunity, I set my digital meter on 2000 'omega'...the old upper element read 017 and the newer lower element read 018. a friend told me that the continunity was Ok, is he correct???

if the elements get hot they're good...how far are temps off? a wb21x5320 runs 170-200$

30 degrees...after I adjusted the temp. up on the dial !

How do I go about replacing the t-stat???

Dayyam, what does it mean when I start screwing up my own parts links? Good catch, AccApp. Domo! :dude: