Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Stuck water Dispenser switch Kenmore Elite Trio #795.75196400

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 pkydesign

pkydesign

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:30 AM

Help! the water dispenser button is stuck in the up position. and I can't get it down! I've turn the water off but if I close the door the switch motor (I think continues to run):yikes:

My question is can I take the face plate off and access the switch? If so, how? I see two small tab holes under the face plate but I'm afraid I'll break it if I pull on the face plate.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks in advance

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 pkydesign

pkydesign

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:57 AM

Is there anyone out there who can help?

I've been on the run around with Sears for the last 3 hours and not a service appt available until after Friday!

I just need to know if I can take this *&^^* face plate off and see if I can get this button back down?

Thanks

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:10 AM

Here's the diagram of your dispenser: http://tinyurl.com/y6xrhl

Which part shown in that diagram is sticking?

#4 pkydesign

pkydesign

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have the same diagram. Which isn't very helpful. I can see the white #276B Button Lever. But the (I think) #406E Lever dispenser is what is stuck up inside. Won't come down. I believe it's the thing you push the glass rim up on to activate the water on. The water just continues to flow if the refrig door is closed.

I turned the water off, but it continues to hum. ( I'm assuming some kind of switch motor) which I'll probably burn out here soon. Can this face plate be taken off?

Any help would be appreciated

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,396 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:43 AM

While I've not worked on this particular one, I have worked on lots of dispensers. Usually, if you look carefully around the outer perimeter of the face plate using a good, strong flashlight, you may see a little notch. That's for you to get a little screwdriver in there and gently pry the face off. If you pull out the drip tray, you may or may not see fastening screws there, too; if so, remove them, too.

#6 pkydesign

pkydesign

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:56 AM

I see two small notches on the underside but no screws. So my question, I've tried to pry this plate off but I'm getting alot of resistance. (is this normal?) will I break it if I really try? Possibly, should I try putting two screwdrivers in at the same time and then lift???

#7 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:59 AM

Isn't this unit an LG? Perhaps Ms. Pegi can help.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#8 pkydesign

pkydesign

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:00 PM

Yes, I believe it is manufactured by LG

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,396 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:29 PM

Yeah, we'll need to wait for Pegi on this one.

#10 pkydesign

pkydesign

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:35 PM

Ok will do! Oh Pegi, shine your light of wisdom on this one, Please

I've been waiting all day anyways LOL 

Only to find out this model has a recall on it (condenser fan motor) something something! :yikes:

Thanks everyone so far

#11 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:43 PM

L&G made a stop kit for this exact problem. I had run into a couple of these where the button is sticking.  Part number I have is 4620ja3026.  Should correct the problem.  Ron

The part number is 4620ja3026A...forgot the A.   What it is,  is a plastic stopper which limits the vertical  movement of the actuator switch...Ron

#12 pkydesign

pkydesign

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:48 PM

Ron,

I tried a search for this part # and got 0 hits. Is this the correct #? And how hard is this to install? Any diagrams around?

Thanks

#13 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:57 PM

I forgot the A at the end of the part number.  See if you can find anything on service flash 46-491 from Sears.  This has the whole story.  It's not a hard job.  The dispenser pulls out from the bottom,  remove the harness and you will see the actuator and switch.  It's a plastic stop which limits the vertical movement of the actuator button so it won't stick..Ron

#14 pkydesign

pkydesign

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:11 PM

Ron,

Ok I found the part on Sears website. But what's a service flash and how do I get the one you cited? I tried on Sears but got no where.

#15 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:28 PM

It's just a bullitin they put out when there is a on going problem and they come up with the fix.  I have installed a couple of these kits....it's really easy.  Maybe Pegi can come up with a link to help guide you through.  I can't remember if they send instructions with it....it's very possible...Ron

#16 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,396 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 02:03 PM

Thanks, Ron, that explains alot! :dude:

#17 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 02:17 PM

Right on Samurai,  anytime I can help...Ron

#18 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:21 PM

The front does pry off, should be tabs on all sides...just get one side started and get them all released...if that has the oval rubber button with the white plastic actuator it will be replaced with the kit with the square button, takes that white plastic part away from the system because it caused the problem you have now....the kit comes with good instructions, will have to cut out the plastic housing for the new button...
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#19 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,396 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:53 PM

Thanks, Pegi. :dude:

#20 pkydesign

pkydesign

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:54 AM

:D You guys are amazing!

Thank you Peg for giving me the courage to pry the front plastic face off! I HATE that manufactures are making these kinds of face plates and covers, the tabs snap off, the face plates crack, etc! I have broken so many!

I am still a little confused as far as the "kit" or part # Ron gave me (what is does) and what Peg is saying about the buttons. Please help me understand.

My actual unit (and what the drawing doesn't show) is there is a black button that fits inside #276B Button lever, which when pushed up activates #406E lever, dispenser. Will this new "kit" replace this piece? Or do I have the right part on this unit now? Does the service flash address this problem, how do I access this service flash?

Also, the button seems to still stick (but not get caught up behind the #276B white piece, Should I just replace this? I am also not getting water  when it is pushed. Could this be, that I burned out the switch when it was left in the "on" position for so long? 

So many questions, I know but you guys are turning me into an appliance repair junky! MORE INPUT, MASTERS (please)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics