Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
pkydesign

Stuck water Dispenser switch Kenmore Elite Trio #795.75196400

23 posts in this topic

Help! the water dispenser button is stuck in the up position. and I can't get it down! I've turn the water off but if I close the door the switch motor (I think continues to run):yikes:

My question is can I take the face plate off and access the switch? If so, how? I see two small tab holes under the face plate but I'm afraid I'll break it if I pull on the face plate.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks in advance

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Is there anyone out there who can help?

I've been on the run around with Sears for the last 3 hours and not a service appt available until after Friday!

I just need to know if I can take this *&^^* face plate off and see if I can get this button back down?

Thanks

Here's the diagram of your dispenser: http://tinyurl.com/y6xrhl

Which part shown in that diagram is sticking?

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have the same diagram. Which isn't very helpful. I can see the white #276B Button Lever. But the (I think) #406E Lever dispenser is what is stuck up inside. Won't come down. I believe it's the thing you push the glass rim up on to activate the water on. The water just continues to flow if the refrig door is closed.

I turned the water off, but it continues to hum. ( I'm assuming some kind of switch motor) which I'll probably burn out here soon. Can this face plate be taken off?

Any help would be appreciated

While I've not worked on this particular one, I have worked on lots of dispensers. Usually, if you look carefully around the outer perimeter of the face plate using a good, strong flashlight, you may see a little notch. That's for you to get a little screwdriver in there and gently pry the face off. If you pull out the drip tray, you may or may not see fastening screws there, too; if so, remove them, too.

I see two small notches on the underside but no screws. So my question, I've tried to pry this plate off but I'm getting alot of resistance. (is this normal?) will I break it if I really try? Possibly, should I try putting two screwdrivers in at the same time and then lift???

Isn't this unit an LG? Perhaps Ms. Pegi can help.

Yes, I believe it is manufactured by LG

Yeah, we'll need to wait for Pegi on this one.

Ok will do! Oh Pegi, shine your light of wisdom on this one, Please

I've been waiting all day anyways LOL 

Only to find out this model has a recall on it (condenser fan motor) something something! :yikes:

Thanks everyone so far

L&G made a stop kit for this exact problem. I had run into a couple of these where the button is sticking.  Part number I have is 4620ja3026.  Should correct the problem.  Ron

The part number is 4620ja3026A...forgot the A.   What it is,  is a plastic stopper which limits the vertical  movement of the actuator switch...Ron

Ron,

I tried a search for this part # and got 0 hits. Is this the correct #? And how hard is this to install? Any diagrams around?

Thanks

I forgot the A at the end of the part number.  See if you can find anything on service flash 46-491 from Sears.  This has the whole story.  It's not a hard job.  The dispenser pulls out from the bottom,  remove the harness and you will see the actuator and switch.  It's a plastic stop which limits the vertical movement of the actuator button so it won't stick..Ron

Ron,

Ok I found the part on Sears website. But what's a service flash and how do I get the one you cited? I tried on Sears but got no where.

It's just a bullitin they put out when there is a on going problem and they come up with the fix.  I have installed a couple of these kits....it's really easy.  Maybe Pegi can come up with a link to help guide you through.  I can't remember if they send instructions with it....it's very possible...Ron

Thanks, Ron, that explains alot! :dude:

Right on Samurai,  anytime I can help...Ron

The front does pry off, should be tabs on all sides...just get one side started and get them all released...if that has the oval rubber button with the white plastic actuator it will be replaced with the kit with the square button, takes that white plastic part away from the system because it caused the problem you have now....the kit comes with good instructions, will have to cut out the plastic housing for the new button...

Thanks, Pegi. :dude:

:D You guys are amazing!

Thank you Peg for giving me the courage to pry the front plastic face off! I HATE that manufactures are making these kinds of face plates and covers, the tabs snap off, the face plates crack, etc! I have broken so many!

I am still a little confused as far as the "kit" or part # Ron gave me (what is does) and what Peg is saying about the buttons. Please help me understand.

My actual unit (and what the drawing doesn't show) is there is a black button that fits inside #276B Button lever, which when pushed up activates #406E lever, dispenser. Will this new "kit" replace this piece? Or do I have the right part on this unit now? Does the service flash address this problem, how do I access this service flash?

Also, the button seems to still stick (but not get caught up behind the #276B white piece, Should I just replace this? I am also not getting water  when it is pushed. Could this be, that I burned out the switch when it was left in the "on" position for so long? 

So many questions, I know but you guys are turning me into an appliance repair junky! MORE INPUT, MASTERS (please)

This message is for Peg (or anyone else, who might be able to confirm)

The above message was written this morning. I think I've got it figured out now (well maybe)

Here's what I think I understand: Part #4620JA3026A is only a stopper that keeps the vertical movement limited so the button doesn't get stuck. This was a quick fix to the old black button getting stuck up inside. Sear's part number 5020JJ3001C (diagram # 276B)  now has a new part #4913JJ3001 (Peg is this the new button you're refering too? )

I have been on the phone all day with Sears (a hugh waste of time) They will not give out their service flashes! Internal only not for public eyes. Somebody help me with this, service flash #46-491 does this have anything to do with the button getting stuck? And Sear's replacement of part # 5020JJ3001C Button lever? If it does I will NOT need to pay for a service call to fix this problem. PLEASE tell me it does. (Fingers crossed)

The reason I hope is because I do believe I wore out the switch motor when it was left on. And the real topper is Sear's doesn't carry this part!!!! "Sorry, mame we don't carry ALL the parts to the water dispenser!" So if the service flash does pertain to the sticking dispenser button and it did cause the switch motor to burn out, Sears will be held responsible for fixing this silly mess. So Ron, Peg or anyone please help me with this.

Thank bunches in advance.

Not sure about the kit or what has been damaged, you can call LG direct and order parts since you have the part number, they will have no cross reference info if you give them the sears model number and will not discuss the service bulletins I do not imagine...just give them the part number, will get no where with the model number since it is not an LG one...will get the customer service number tomorrow at my business or do a google search for LG customer service...

BRAVO Ron!

Your information on the service flash just saved me a $200 service call. THANK YOU THANK YOU

The fix on this button is the part you gave, a simple stopper, a $2.00 part. However, the valve burned out (a $90.00 part) and that is why I wasn't getting any water after I got the button released. If I had not had the service flash number I would have been charged for this service call which came to a grand total of $222.00 parts & labor!

Once again, you guys provide a great service to us grasshoppers!

Thank you all