Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

lugaluga

GE Washer - WCSR2070

6 posts in this topic

The spin cycle is spinning so fast that it takes a noticeably long time to stop once the door is opened (top loading washer).  It is also causing a "whining" noise when spinning at this increased RPM.

Why has it begun to spin so fast and/or takes so long to stop spinning once the machine is off?

It is 5.75 years old.

Is there something I can try to access/replace prior to paying for "GE In-Home Repair Service".  You know "GE Cares" - even though these products are all the way from China.

Thank you for your time.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Internal brake in transmission not working, you probably havn't noticed that it also spins when agitating which will cause water to spew on the floor. Call ge if it's under warranty, transmission might be quaranteed for 4-5 years check you book to be sure. If not junk it and go buy something other than a ge:poison:

Oh that is so dissappointing.

So you are saying it is not possible to fix? 

Do you know what would be needed to repair the transmission and the approx cost?

Thank you again for your insights and time.

More than this washer is worth unless it is in the 5 year transmission  warranty, would assume around $200-$300 if out of warranty

Wow.  Ok.

I have not been able to reach GE yet.  The general number was no help at all - just refered me to service.

If there are any other thoughts please let me know.

Call any G.E authorized servicer with the model and serial numbers to see when this washer was manufactured to see if the transmission is still under the 5 year warranty.