Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Washer - WCSR2070

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lugaluga

lugaluga

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:13 AM

The spin cycle is spinning so fast that it takes a noticeably long time to stop once the door is opened (top loading washer).  It is also causing a "whining" noise when spinning at this increased RPM.

Why has it begun to spin so fast and/or takes so long to stop spinning once the machine is off?

It is 5.75 years old.

Is there something I can try to access/replace prior to paying for "GE In-Home Repair Service".  You know "GE Cares" - even though these products are all the way from China.

Thank you for your time.

Kansas City Chiefs fan

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:41 AM

Internal brake in transmission not working, you probably havn't noticed that it also spins when agitating which will cause water to spew on the floor. Call ge if it's under warranty, transmission might be quaranteed for 4-5 years check you book to be sure. If not junk it and go buy something other than a ge:poison:

#3 lugaluga

lugaluga

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:08 AM

Oh that is so dissappointing.

So you are saying it is not possible to fix? 

Do you know what would be needed to repair the transmission and the approx cost?

Thank you again for your insights and time.

Kansas City Chiefs fan

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:49 PM

More than this washer is worth unless it is in the 5 year transmission  warranty, would assume around $200-$300 if out of warranty
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 lugaluga

lugaluga

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:22 AM

Wow.  Ok.

I have not been able to reach GE yet.  The general number was no help at all - just refered me to service.

If there are any other thoughts please let me know.

Kansas City Chiefs fan

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:06 AM

Call any G.E authorized servicer with the model and serial numbers to see when this washer was manufactured to see if the transmission is still under the 5 year warranty.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics