Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Southern

Thinking about a new furnace

2 posts in this topic

My 20 year old furnace (105K BTU/HR) is working fine except that I suspect that it's years are numbered and I am in the process of looking at my options for a replacement furnace & air conditioning unit.

My existing furnace is a Borg-Warner P3UGD12N10501A rated at 105K BTU/HR for a 1800 sq/ft 2 story house with full basement near Chicago IL.  I'm not sure of the efficiency rating.

With the skyrocking cost of natural gas and increasing cost of electricity, would it pay to go with the "dual fuel" heat pump/AC condenser units?  What would be my other options?

What would be the approximate BTU/HR of a new unit rated at 95%?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=2273]Southern[/user] wrote:

My 20 year old furnace (105K BTU/HR) is working fine except that I suspect that it's years are numbered and I am in the process of looking at my options for a replacement furnace & air conditioning unit.

My existing furnace is a Borg-Warner P3UGD12N10501A rated at 105K BTU/HR for a 1800 sq/ft 2 story house with full basement near Chicago IL.  I'm not sure of the efficiency rating.

With the skyrocking cost of natural gas and increasing cost of electricity, would it pay to go with the "dual fuel" heat pump/AC condenser units?  What would be my other options?

What would be the approximate BTU/HR of a new unit rated at 95%?

i would first suggest that you do a heat\load and a heat\loss review of your location that will tell the story.