Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Ice freezing on bottom shelf

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 walterscrib

walterscrib

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:18 AM

I have a Magic Chef refrigerator with freezer on top that is about 12 years old.  The model number is RB191PV.  Lately it has started to have water freezing on the bottom shelf in the refrigerator making a big layer of ice.  When it melts it drains down into the crisper drawers below and there it hold water in one drawer and freezes into ice in the other drawer.  Help!!!!  Also, I have noticed that my icemaker has started producing hollow ice cubes.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:18 AM

Perhaps the fill tube that puts the water in your ice maker is putting some of this into the freezer.  This would solve both complaints about ice in the box and small ice cubes.  Check the position of the fill spout to the ice maker.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 walterscrib

walterscrib

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:27 AM

I am completely stupid when it comes to this stuff, help me out.  The freezing problem is happening in the refer not the freezer.  I will check the fill tube for the icemaker concerning the hollow cubes but what about the other problem.

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:35 AM

Was wondering if water from the ice maker could be getting into the food compartment and freezing if the food comp., if it is  too cold in the food comp..  this could also cause the hollow cubes you referred to.  Usually hollow ice cubes are caused by a fill valve going bad or the thru  tube to the ice maker is getting blocked with ice or all of the water is not going into the ice maker and is going into the ref. in error.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 walterscrib

walterscrib

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:55 AM

I'll check into that and see if that is my problem.  Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics