Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore washing machine leaking

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carriespa

carriespa

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:20 AM

HI.  I have a Kenmore Heavy Duty 80 Series extra capacity washing machine, model 110.92380200.  For the past 4 to 5 months, it has begin leaking some water during each wash.  This isn't a ton of water, maybe a quart to two from what I can see on the floor after each wash.  I don't think it happens during the first half of the wash, it seems like it happens at some point during the spin and rinse.  Other than that, except for a timer issue during the heavy duty cycle (stops between wash & rinse, only finishes if you open and shut the lid and reset it), it seems to work fine.  I do have pets, and am wondering if something is jammed up with pet hair.  I have a friend coming to look at it in the next week - any suggestions or ideas on what the problem could be?  And does anyone know where I can get a PDF of some sort of manual/ diagram of it's innards?

Thanks!!  :)

Carrie

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:42 AM

Can post pics of the insides but would need to know which area.  The water pump could be leaking but would do this most of the time, not during the rinse/spin usually.  Check the pump to see if it is leaking and also make sure your house drain in not over flowing during the drain cycle.  If your washer will not spin till you open/close the lid in one cycle see if the timer has lost the "pause" needed to reset the transmission for spin.  Your opening/closing of the lid is taking place of this built in timer pause.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics