Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Whirlpool dishwasher problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lurker_dogfix_*

Lurker_dogfix_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:37 PM

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher.

Model: DU890SWKT0

I ran one load of dishes. Went to run a second and the machine would not run. Acted as if it were dead. Checked outlet. Checked breaker. All fine.

Thought it might be the interlock swith. Replaced that with Switch Kit #: 4318273. No luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,836 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:20 PM

[user=0]dogfix[/user] wrote:

Thought it might be the interlock swith. Replaced that with Switch Kit #: 4318273. No luck.

So, repairing an appliance is like rolling the dice on the craps table:  you replace a part and hope you get lucky? 

I can understand, even expect this approach with Grasshoppers, but I've heard of lots of so-called appliance repair bubbas who approach each problem that way.  They wouldn't know how to read a wiring diagram or use a multimeter to make simple electrical tests if it meant saving their right 'nad.  These guys are genuine parts-changing monkeys

Ok, I had to get that out there.  I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you're a Grasshoper.  Fine.  With the door closed, see if you're getting 120v at the tan wire on the timer.  If so, then set the dishwasher to run and check for 120v at the blue timer wire.  No voltage ==> bad timer.  Get voltage ==> bad relay or motor.  Need help making simple electrical tests ==>  Click here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics