Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

n6e6i6l

Stacked Whirlpool washer and dryer, both with issues!

4 posts in this topic

Whirlpool "Heavy Duty Spin Twin", Model# YLTE5243DQ0.

So we have just moved and inherited this laundry center with problems.

1. The dry no longer produces any heat, everything else seems to work just fine.

2. The washing machine goes a little crazy during the agitation. It seems like it’s a very unbalanced load, but that is definitely not the case. No matter how little and balanced of a load put in, the drum seems to bash around making a ton of noise.

Help please!

Thanks in advance.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Dropping the Y brings this up in the USA.  The dryer could be the heating element, thermostat, etc for no heat.  The washer could be one of the supports has gone bad, glides , balance spring has broken or come loose, etc..  Will almost have to do a tear-down on these to see where the problems are in this unit

Hmmm, ok.

If I where to start taking it apart myself and see if anything is obviously broken, am I realistically going to find anything seeing as I don't really know what I'm looking at?

wpdry107.jpg?dc=4675399380722103158Although yours is a stacker, the disassembly help here for the Whirlpool old-style dryer should get your started. 

Basic dryer diagnostic information here:

http://fixitnow.com/2004/08/online-dryer-diagnostic-guide.htm

Help on making basic electrical measurements here:

http://fixitnow.com/2004/12/appliance-repair-revelation-making.htm

Thermal fuse, hi limit, and thermostat are all on back, roughly (but not exactly) corresponding to this picture: