Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Stacked Whirlpool washer and dryer, both with issues!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 n6e6i6l

n6e6i6l

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:30 AM

Whirlpool "Heavy Duty Spin Twin", Model# YLTE5243DQ0.

So we have just moved and inherited this laundry center with problems.

1. The dry no longer produces any heat, everything else seems to work just fine.

2. The washing machine goes a little crazy during the agitation. It seems like it’s a very unbalanced load, but that is definitely not the case. No matter how little and balanced of a load put in, the drum seems to bash around making a ton of noise.

Help please!
Thanks in advance.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:49 AM

Dropping the Y brings this up in the USA.  The dryer could be the heating element, thermostat, etc for no heat.  The washer could be one of the supports has gone bad, glides , balance spring has broken or come loose, etc..  Will almost have to do a tear-down on these to see where the problems are in this unit
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 n6e6i6l

n6e6i6l

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:28 PM

Hmmm, ok.

If I where to start taking it apart myself and see if anything is obviously broken, am I realistically going to find anything seeing as I don't really know what I'm looking at?

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,366 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:53 AM

Posted ImageAlthough yours is a stacker, the disassembly help here for the Whirlpool old-style dryer should get your started. 

Basic dryer diagnostic information here:

http://fixitnow.com/...ostic-guide.htm

Help on making basic electrical measurements here:

http://fixitnow.com/...tion-making.htm

Thermal fuse, hi limit, and thermostat are all on back, roughly (but not exactly) corresponding to this picture:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics