Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore washer will not spin

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GreenHorn

GreenHorn

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:20 PM

I own a Kenmore washer 80 series. Model number 110.28882790.

My wife was doing a load of laundry. Came downstairs later to find the washer clicking away when the timer was on spin mode. I changed the speed dial and it had no affect. The washer will not spin and may not be agitating but did not check that to be sure. It does pump the water out of the tank. I disconnected everything and layed it onto its face so I could look under the washer. It is direct drive and the coupler looks to be in good condition. I rotated the couple around with my finger and the rubber center looks fine and so do the plastic pins.

I have read that the door switches can go bad but if that was so, would it be making the clicking noise. Seems to me it would be silent if the switch was bad.

Advice needed

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,152 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:51 PM

WhooWEEE, been a rash of these lately!  Check out this thread, we chewed on this pretty good in there.  If you have any other questions, post 'em here.

#3 GreenHorn

GreenHorn

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the link Samurai, but the problem described by steve in that thread is not the same as mine. Steve says his washer will spin and while spinning makes a thumping noise. My washer will not spin at all. It won't do anything but click,click, click. My guess would be the motor or transmission but that is coming from someone who knows little about a washer.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,152 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:40 PM

Ok, did you check the drive block?

#5 GreenHorn

GreenHorn

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:03 AM

No I did not, but I was wondering if that may relate to my issue. I might attemp that since the washer is junk right now anyway.

#6 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:46 AM

How often does it click? Once every couple of seconds? Is it accompanied by something like the lights dimming? May be a bad connection at the motor.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,152 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:17 AM

[user=13]Mad Mac[/user] wrote:

How often does it click? Once every couple of seconds? Is it accompanied by something like the lights dimming? May be a bad connection at the motor.

This is an extremely insightful diagnostic question, Mad One.  I wish I had asked it.:cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics