Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

The offending "kusottare" is a Whirlpool washer model LA9500XT that will not fill.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rlcgrn1

rlcgrn1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:54 PM

The washer will not fill. I tried the continuity of the inlet solenoids with my new multitester as per the recommendation from Fixitnow.com, resulting in no continuity. The ohmmeter read in the 800 ohm range. I thought this was way too high, so I bought a new one. For snits and giggles I measured its resistance, and it came out about the same (oh crap). I put it on anyway, then tried to find out if the harness was delivering voltage to the solenoids. Usually no, very rarely yes at about 72 volts, but nothing permanent. Regardless of how I fiddle with the cycle knob, I cannot get power regularly to the solenoid. Traced the wiring schematic back to the water level pressure switch - it too wasn't getting power when the knob was pulled "on". Well, that wires back to the control switch and knob assembly I think (cause I ain't so savvy on electrical schematics or doodads). I am definetly getting a constant 120 volts into the control switch. So I'm thinking its maybe a problem with the control switch. A new one is $89.50, and I just bought the washer and dryer used in supposedly "working" order for $70 from "Craig's List"! (lesson learned yet again - other people may be mistaken or much less honest than I am - ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS see the merchandise in action (the dryer works well at least)).
Can the control module be disassembled and repaired? What else am I perhaps overlooking? Should I just take my licks and find another used washer that I have WITNESSED in operation?
Thank you, Sensei, for your website, patience, and wisdom.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,872 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:51 AM

[user=1392]rlcgrn1[/user] wrote:

Usually no, very rarely yes at about 72 volts, but nothing permanent. Regardless of how I fiddle with the cycle knob, I cannot get power regularly to the solenoid. Traced the wiring schematic back to the water level pressure switch - it too wasn't getting power when the knob was pulled "on".

Be careful about checking the water level switch.  Make sure you're testing for incoming voltage on the common wire.  The wires are labelled V, T, and P; V (violet) is the common.  It should have 120v whenever the timer knob is puled out.

#3 rlcgrn1

rlcgrn1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:42 AM

"Be careful about checking the water level switch. Make sure you're testing for incoming voltage on the common wire. The wires are labelled V, T, and P; V (violet) is the common. It should have 120v whenever the timer knob is puled out."

This I have checked. The V violet wire has no voltage when the knob is pulled out. I have checked the control terminal for continuity between the pole for the incoming black power wire, and the pole for the outgoing violet wire to the pressure switch when the when the knob is pulled "on", and I do not get continuity. I think maybe I will take the control unit apart and see if I can figure out why. Maybe(?) I can save buying a new control or washer.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,872 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:59 AM

Double check your supply voltage at the outlet and make sure you're getting 120v to the timer.  If so, then replace the timer, CLICK HERE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics