Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Holidays bring out the best Customers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 longtimer

longtimer

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:40 PM

How Many times have you been told how you are personally responsible for ruining thier Holiday celebrations. I will give advice to every tech out there that have not learned to take vacation before Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. The work will still be there after the holiday and the pressure and  lack of civility will be gone!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:57 AM

Not so sure it will all be gone after also...LOL....yea, I am dealing with them as we type, crabby irate people who "Do not appreciate all of your questions and you have to be here today" No matter it is two months old and has not worked in two months, you HAVE to be here today...sigh...trying to get thru today without a major rage attack......:akuma:
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 06:25 AM

True story....woman calls in for emergency service on her refrigerator at 11 AM one Sunday - in those days, there was a "screener" on duty who would try to resolve the problem without a service call.

On questioning the lady, he finds out that the problem is that the icemaker isn't making any ice. After explaining that this didn't really qualify as an "emergency", she says "Yes it is - I have 35 people coming to a dinner party at 3:30!". Dave's response was classic....."Madam, just how much good do you think an icemaker that turns out 8 cubes every 2 hours is going to be in those circumstances? Go and buy some ice, we'll see you tomorrow!".

I know the cooking techs used to hate this time of year with a vengeance. Everybody wanted the broiler that hadn''t worked since this time last year fixed there and then. Thankfully, I only did laundry and refrigeration.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#4 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:55 AM

You can bet as we speak someone is starting their oven on a self-clean cycle. The end result is a locked door and/or an error code. They will want instant service too.

Nick
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 22 December 2006 - 10:52 AM

and the best way to start out one of these calls is by busting into a chorus of "WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS" as they open the door- always seems to make them realize you are human too,and usually garners a laugh.  perhaps it was just my singing ............................................
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 longtimer

longtimer

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 03:23 PM

Just as every holiday gets closer 2 things come to mind.....I want to scream out loud up and down the streets...

Do not clear the shutes of your snow blowers with your hand and do not self clean your range 1 week before the Holiday.....every year the same thing.

#7 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 03:50 PM

It can also bring out the best in people when you help them out.  I used to run emergency service on the Holiday's up in NY/NJ.  You were on call till 12, if no one called, you got 5 hours triple time for sitting there.  You actually wanted calls so you could make it worth your while.  Sometimes being the only one for 120 miles or so.  We ran no cools no bakes only.  Got some killer tips, one guy threw me $50 and a bottle of Dom.  I volunteered each time because it was triple time door to door if you ran a call and I didn't have a relative for 400 miles either direction to go see anyway(plus I needed the coin). Another guy owned a fire extinguisher company, he loaded me up with about 12 of those babies (would of preferred another 50 and bottle of Dom better but it was the thought!). Everyone loved you when you showed, got tips and a few good sandwiches to go from it! Sure was a lot easier some days just being the tech! 
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics