Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

BEKO CG 10.6cu.ft Combi Fridage/Freezer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Londoner

Londoner

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:16 AM

A weird thing has manifested itself this past couple of days. The freezer door seal and the metal the door seal attaches itself to are warm to the touch on the top left hand corner.  The hinge is on the right side for this appliance.

This means the inside of the freezer door is wet and the three freezer trays are also wet on the invidual compartment doors. However inside the individual freezer compartments everything is frozen! Though there is a lot of frosting.

I have decided to defrost the fridge so have turned off the power and now the metal frame where the door seals to is cold!!

Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

Andrew

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:11 AM

Not familiar with this particular model, but on many refrigerators equipped with a Yoder loop, this excess heat is and indication that something is wrong with the refrigerant condensation system.  check your condenser fan to make sure it's still running.  Also, brush and vacuum the lint of the condenser. 

#3 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:02 PM

Just for general info purposes, Beko is a Turkish brand sold in the UK, they were originally purely electronics and gradually moved into "white goods".
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics