Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire FDE336RES1 Dryer 10 Years Old

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 texanandproud

texanandproud

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 01:29 PM

I am trying to follow directions on removing the drum inorder to replace rear drum bearing and idler pulley assy. They say to simply pop the top, Unscrewand remove front cover - all which I did easily. Than it says to slide belt off which I have disengaged and FINALLY to PULL the DRUM out to the front.

Well - I CAN NOT pull the drum out o the front! I wiggle it and pull to no avail!

Please someone what isthe trc here? It feels attached at theback by the bearing. I have no idea how to get it to come out so that I can relace those parts.

Ca anyone help ? I have the dryer out in the driveway and my replacemet parts are in hand - How do I detatch the drum and pull it out?

THANKS so much.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 26 December 2006 - 02:05 PM

you need to lift the rear of the drom upward as it is like a trailer hitch and ball at the back
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 texanandproud

texanandproud

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 03:47 PM

Got It!!Thats all it took  Thank You

Man is the inside of this dryer DIRTY.

I do have one last question if someone can answer  - That is exacty how do you get the belt back on properly when you slide the drum back in - That is the only thing that looks like it may be a little bit tricky!

THANKS, Melvin

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:04 AM

You do that from the 12" square access panel in back or if you've done enough of them and know how things work you can do it blind from the front by just reaching in under the drum to the idler pulley and belt and doing it by feel/blind.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#5 Lurker__*

Lurker__*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:25 AM

Need to mention, if the inside of the dryer is full of lint, you may have a serious external venting problem. Dryers are designed to create a vacumm inside the drum, vent partial blockage will prevent this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics