Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Washer 70

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sandy

Sandy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:52 PM

Hello,

I left home with the washing machine running.  When I got home it looked as if it REALLY went running.  It was pulled from the wall and things had bounced off neighboring surfaces.

It appears that it shut down from being unbalanced through the spin cycle.  I tried to get it to restart from  point that it stopped and it will not.  It will restart and run on any cycle at any point except  (what appears to be) halfway through the spincycle on the dial and after but I cannot get it to do anything except agitate and drain.   It has a NORMAL, HEAVY DUTY, PRE RINSE and PERMANANT PRESS cycle and I have tried this on all of them.  (I don't know it it will fill because it is on large load, which filled it all the way before this happened.)

Any advice (except bailing the water out into an old tin tub and using the washboard)?

Sandy

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:03 PM

Direct drive washer?  If so, sounds like a bad lid switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics