Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Built in Electric Oven door locked

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CAPT Bruce

CAPT Bruce

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:56 PM

I have a 44149 series Kenmore built in oven and microwave combination. About 20 years old. The lower electric oven was operated by a guest in our home at Noon and now the door is locked. Have tried moving the self-cleaning cycle lever back and forth multiple times, set and re-set the on & off timer clocks and master clock is at current time. The oven is cool three hours after the first incident so the heat lock should not be engaged. Run out of trouble shooting ideas.  :(

The gif on this site to determine where the "true" model number would appear is not functional (white rectangle with small red X) so I've quoted what is available on the cover of the owner's manual for the moment. Grasshopper implores your kind help and any ideas to open the door. Thanks

CAPT Bruce

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:06 PM

Will have to get the model number off of the oven itself, will not be on the users manual.  Will be 3 numbers then a .  then 7 to 8 numbers.  Is the oven door open or closed?   If it is open try holding in on the oven light switch the door would push on and pushing the cancel at the same time.  See if it will move the latch to the right position within 3-5 minutes.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 CAPT Bruce

CAPT Bruce

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:10 PM

Thanks for your rapid reply Pegi. Can you give me any ideas before I start trying to dis-assemble few front panels around the front of the built in oven as to where I might find that number?

The door unfortunately is locked in closed position. Loose when the self clean lever is far to the left and tight when slid to the right, but locked non the less. Thanks again.

Bruce

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:20 PM

I do not work on microwaves, but if if is a combo unit believe the model number will be inside of the microwave??  or somewhere around inside of the oven door which is stuck shut at this time.   We will have to wait for someone to help you with this since it is stuck closed.  I know there are ways to reach in there and get it  opened with the breaker off  to the unit, with something long and slender, but have not done this myself.  Let us wait for someone who knows how to do this.  :cool:
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 CAPT Bruce

CAPT Bruce

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:44 PM

Thanks again Pegi,

To avoid any confusion:  Top of the built-in unit is a Sanyo combination Microwave and Turbo oven. No problems there.

I'm dealing with the bottom unit a Kenmore electric oven simply marked Self Cleaning Oven. Have removed all the front aluminum trim strips around both and the glass on the control panel. Found a wiring diagram page of the oven inside the space between top and bottom units, but still no model number anywhere on the visible surfaces.  Sheet carries Part No. 325847-2 if that's any help at all.

Standing by in the hope someone may find all this familiar.

Thanks again,

Bruce

#6 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 01:53 AM

Sometimes on electric ranges you will find the model/serial# tag under one of the surface burners, but unfortunitely for you most of the time the tag is somewhere around the door opening and can only be found with door open.

Does the cooktop surface on your range lift up? If it does, you might be able to access the door lock mechinism from there.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#7 CAPT Bruce

CAPT Bruce

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 04:55 AM

Good morning Willie,

Thanks for your response concerning the locked door on our oven. We're dealing with a wall built-in unit rather than a free standing oven with burner top. Having turned off the breaker for the two piece unit I've now removed all the front panel trim hardware but I'm still unable to get to the door lock mechanism. Visible through a front perforated grill but too restricted to see what is still locking the door. Have a service call set for Saturday morning with a technician so we'll post what he finds to perhaps aid others.

Thanks again,

Bruce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics