Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
fordworker

Maytag Toploader

9 posts in this topic

I have a Maytag top loader. The inside drum can be moved so far back with a simple touch and just bangs back and forth without spinning. Do I need to replace my damper pads? The belts are a bit loose but not broke as far as I can tell

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Remove the front panel and see if all the suspension springs are intact.  More help if you read this topic:

http://www.applianceguru.com/forum2/8.html

The suspension cables seem to be intact. The model number is LAT9806ABE.

Ok, see this topic, your problem sounds similar.

Thx I will give the damper pads a try and let you know how I make out.

Thx for the great site.:D

:dude::rocker:

Ok I have the actuator off but can get the clamp nut loose to get at the damper pads. Is there another way to get at them? Or any idea on how to loosen this nut?. I have a wide assortment of tools but none seem to work.

Thx

post-1424-129045085407_thumb.jpg

Whooo, slow down there guy...... If your really trying to change the damper pads you're going in from the wrong end.

Maybe you should start over and explain your problem a little better.

When you say, "The inside drum can be moved so far back with a simple touch and just bangs back and forth without spinning. Do I need to replace my damper pads?". By the inside drum, do you mean the spin basket moves back and forth inside the outer tub or do you mean the whole complete tub-inner/outer and transmission mechinism all move real easy.

If it just the spin basket is loose and kind of flopping around inside the outer tub then this has nothing to do with the damper pads and you would be going in the correct way.

That picture is the "tub seal/mounting stem nut" and it takes a special spanner wrench and a hammer to remove and replace. If your spin basket is all loose and can be turned by hand without turning the transmission the most likely your going to need the complete new "tub seal/mounting stem kit".

If it's the compelete outer and inner tub with transmision assembly that is moving around to easily then you would need to remove the main transmission pulley, brake pak assembly, washer cabinet and remove the three suspension springs then the complete tub/tranmission assembly will lift up off the base plate and you will then see the damper pads.

Yes it is the whole inner, outer and transmission that is moving around. I was just going about it the wrong way to get at the damper pads. Now lets try the right way.