The end caps do not come off, or at least I don't think it would be a good idea.
There is a screw in the back of each one, at the bottom which screws into the washer. Once these are unscrewed these alow the back panel to be flipped up and back. A wiggle here and a wiggle there and it is done. Some wet instructions I took out to dry. as they would not do a tech or I any good they dissolved.
On washer left (like stage left) there is a plastic acess panel. You lift that up and underneath you can see a few hoses and one open plastic pipe nozzle. The hose that was supposed to be connected was underneath. I may have to go out and get a hose clamp, if the spring clamp does not hold this time. I reconnected it and tried to make it a tighter fit. I used a little teflon tape around the "threads." Now that I think about it, I wish I had measured the hose, but hopefully it will stay.
I then closed the acess panel and flipped the back control panel gently back down. I did see the spring claps holding the cabinet in place, but luckily did not have to decide whether I wanted to tackle that. I should have taken a picture, but was too busy to think of it. The hoses were fitted to a set of nozzles something like a plus sign. It was fastened down and back, I think under a hose. I start second guessing how many, and there were others elsewhere to confuse the memory. All the others seemed to be in place. I did try to reposition one clamp that looked a little loose and out of positon.
In any event the one that was off, was the one on the right nozzle. Thanks to everyone for the help. I couldn't have done it without you!
[Next project in a while, perhaps the ice maker to My Kenmore Coldspot Model 106.8590311, since parts are sold here. That will be another story! :bananadance: Actually I find I have more room using some ice trays and a Hefty Slide-Lock or Ziploc bag. As for the story, lets just say I came home one Friday night to a freezer partially full of solid ice, and the weekend went downhill from there.