Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sunnie

Sunnie

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:53 AM

Trying to replace the "Simple to install" replacement water dispenser line and need instructions.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 18 June 2005 - 02:09 PM

Since this could be a G.E., Whirlpool, Frigidaire, Maytag, L.G. Electronics ref.., with the Kenmore name stuck on it, we need the model number to see who made this for sears and see just what is in your box.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Sunnie

Sunnie

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 04:36 PM

The refrigerator is a model number 57075791.  I appreciate your help.

Sunnie:)

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:25 PM

I am betting a glass of iced tea there is a 106. before this model number meaning this a Whirlpool Ref. .  If you will  give more detail about what you need to do please??

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

#5 Sunnie

Sunnie

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:26 PM

Well, I hate to disillusion you but I do NOT find a 106 before the number I gave you.  Trying to replace the water dispenser located in the door itself.   Due to curious (?) grandchildren a leak developed in the actual dispenser (where the water comes out into the glass).  It only soaked us down for awhile and then gave way and started to pour out when we tried to draw a glass of water.  We gave in, spent $50?  and purchased the replacement part (No. 2180225).  On the package it states "Easy to install"  . . . . NOT!!!  I don't want to have to pull the skin off the door but it looks as though "Easy to install" means if you are doing it during assembly at the factory it is likely quite simple, otherwise it is not.  I hope this helps.

Thank you again !  Sunnie

#6 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,752 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:56 AM

Sorry to give you this bad news Sunnie, but I really doubt that part is going to fix your problem!!!!!!!

Did someone who knows what they are doing tell you that is what you need or did you just assume that the dispenser hose and nozzle was bad because the water wouldn't shutoff?

If the water would not shut off, and you had to turn the water supply off to stop it you will need to be replacing the watervalve down at the bottom of your refrigerator in back by the compressor.

That hose just supplies the water, the only other possibility is a stuck switch that tells the watervalve to open. If when the unit is pouring water out the front if you unplug the refrigerator and the water stops then you have a bad microswitch, if the water keeps coming out with the unit unpluged then you have a failed watervalve.

Here's the part that I suspect you will find that you really need: Water/ice fill valve CLICK HERE

P.S. -- I can assure you that noone here is disillusioned just because you can't find the 106. that should be infront of your model# that you posted, I can assure you that it is there. Won't be in the same type, (usually much larger and darker in different type then the 8 digit part of the model number).
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#7 Sunnie

Sunnie

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 06:17 AM

:DWell, during our discussion, my husband got in and took off the front piece that is on the exterior of the refrigerator, made a small plug sort of deal that he then put in the end of the new part's line and then attached to the old line to secure them to one another and pulled it through and TA-DA!  We are now able to use the water on the front without getting soaked, no more leaks due to a sad little part.  I must not have been clear as to how I described the problem.  It was only leaking when we went to get a drink, not all of the time.  There was indeed damage to the dispense part of the little plastic part where the water comes out.  I do appreciate your attempt to help!  My husband does also.  He and I both pray that this job NEVER has to be done again.

:angel:Sunnie

#8 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:00 AM

We are never disillusioned because we KNOW there is a 106. in front of the model number, trust us, it IS THERE.  Ones who refuse to acknowledge our knowledge are disillusioned and make themselves appear petty  when they post negative replys when asking for FREE help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics