Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Thoughts on Whirlpool / Kitchenaid

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 longtimer

longtimer

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:49 AM

Come on some of you have opinions, will keep Maytag / Amana / Jenn Air separate for now

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

Whirlpool still continues to be the most reliable brand of appliances today, I refuse to buy anything but Whirlpool for my own home. Nothing else will do for me.
Scott Wolf

#3 That Guy

That Guy

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:57 PM

I prefer Whirlpool to most every other company. They have recently been producing appliances that make me wonder if they have some retarded designers. Namely the duel fuel ranges and the twin wall ovens with the stupid fan motors that cause trouble. All of my home appliances are Whirlpool, except for my 1963 Frigidaire Flair range. Too bad Frickadare can't make decent appliances anymore.

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:15 AM

Would buy only Whirlpool Appliances and the brands they make.....and suggest Whirlpool to customers who ask.....
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 Lurker__*

Lurker__*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:39 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but they ALLWAYS have complete service info with the item and
are relatively easy to fix! They use some cheesy parts sometimes but overall ok.

#6 That Guy

That Guy

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:13 AM

They do unless some jerk steals the tech sheets and takes off with them. I've had that happen more than a few times. I ask the customer about it and they say that the guy that installed it or serviced it last took it. I really hate it when that happens. Thank God for Service Matters. Too bad Maytag, Frickadare, and Generally Expensive couldn't do the same with their info. GE and Frickadare protect their info like its an "Eyes Only" secret. Maytag puts false numbers on their parts so that you can't look them up easily.

Every appliance and consumer electronics item should come with a wiring diagram and parts list. It shouldn't be a national secret.

#7 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:37 AM

Well said!

That is where I was on Friday, some asswipe removed the tech sheet from a Kitchenaid dishwasher. It sure makes diagnosis more difficult.

I prefer the Whirlpool units to the Kitchenaid models. It seems that more of the Kitchenaids' have some screwed up design problem. Also, they just have too many extra parts and features to cause problems. I find a lot of Kitchenaids that have errors in the wiring diagrams. That's a colossal blunder in my book.

All my appliances are Whirlpools, some with the Kenmore name on them.

Nick

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics