Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

How about Bosch and Thermador opinions?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 longtimer

longtimer

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:56 AM

let us know your experiences with Bosch and or Thermador (specify which)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:36 PM

Bosch dishwashers certianly are the quietest dishwasher on the market today, but they are a pain to service because hardly anything is accessible without pulling the dishwasher out from under the counter and flipping it upside down.
Scott Wolf

#3 WayneSB

WayneSB

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:33 PM

Miele's are quieter, but dollar for dollar, you are correct. Noise level is a major reason I bought my Bosch. My livingroom and kitchen are very open to one another and I hate noise when I'm trying to waste my life surfing the net.

Oh, and it washes pretty well too! I have heard that it sucks to work on, but most consumers don't care about that, just so long as it can get fixed.

#4 MrAppliance

MrAppliance

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:49 AM

I have owned both the Bosch and Miele, i currently have the Miele. To me it is far better, but it is that much harder to work on. I have done warranty for Miele for 5 years now and just to change a water valve, you have to pull it our and take off the right panel and then lay it down on it other side and take off the bottom and then removed the fill hose from under the sink that goes to the unit and well...you get the picture it is a nightmare, but money worth it.

#5 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:17 PM

To hell with the Boschs, Mieles, pain  in the Askos and Fisher & Paykels and all other tall tub dishwashers.  I work on these day in and day out. As far as my own dishwasher, I will stick with my regular tub Whirlpool dishwasher that I can work on without pulling it out from under the counter. 

Also, do we really need a light in the tub of the dishwasher like the "pain in the Askos?"  Do we really need a salt solution dispenser like the Miele's?  It's a  dishwasher, why do we need all these stinking features????
Scott Wolf

#6 MrAppliance

MrAppliance

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 01:52 AM

light bulbs?  no i dont think so. The salt thing i do since im really far in the country...it serves me well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics