Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

How about Dacor?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 longtimer

longtimer

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:03 PM

We have been a Dealer for most of the brands and find it is most fun with opinions on Viking / Wolf / Dacor / DCS / Thermador / Capital / Monogram /

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:08 PM

No thanks on Dacor, they are a pain to work on.
Scott Wolf

#3 Lurker_paulh_*

Lurker_paulh_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:07 AM

I think Dacor is 2nd to SubZero/Wolf. Did their warranty until they switched to All Brand for a parts distributor.

#4 AccApp

AccApp

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:20 AM

Putting a 30" oven in a 36" range is brilliant! Who would want a bigger oven in a bigger range? Tell those bigger-oven-wanting customers that greed is one of the 7 deadly sins and they should learn to be happy with what Dacor offers. The filler panels on the side of the door is wonderful and the available Brass or Copper trim on the door handles makes them look great as well. I especially admire their tenacity to keep the same design for 15 years, it shows they got it right the first time and to hell with anyone who wants "modern" styling. Viking is doing great selling the same out-dated ranges, why can't Dacor? If they are 2nd to Sub-Zero (agreed) it is a far-distant 2nd place.

I honestly don't see how they stay in business.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#5 AccApp

AccApp

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:23 AM

[user=13316]paulh[/user] wrote:

Did their warranty until they switched to All Brand for a parts distributor.

What you got against All Brand? Don't you like the convenience of ordering a part once and receiving a second un-ordered part two weeks later? Or receiving another customer's order packed in with yours? It makes getting packages fun again.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#6 Lurker_paulh_*

Lurker_paulh_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:01 AM

Couldn't deal with their accounting dept., same with Marcone. Since dealing with APD in Texas it almost makes me want to go back doing Dacor. And you can't beat Dolly & co. at Mid Atlantic.

#7 Poobah

Poobah

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:42 AM

Marcone Accounting Dept.  now there's a fine bunch ....
This is the DAY that the LORD has made, REJOICE and be glad in it.....

#8 A-1 Appliance

A-1 Appliance

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:11 PM

[user=5883]Poobah[/user] wrote:

Marcone Accounting Dept.  now there's a fine bunch ....

I said bye bye to em long ago.........
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics